1Ggte Into 87 Yn67 Hilux Extracab Solid Front Axle 4X4

just like to start with a big shout to rollaclub great site you have here

now to business just started the 1ggte into 87 hilux swap and I'm finding very quickly that alot of the info ive gathered is false if anyone knows anything about this swap like clearance and what radiator to use and engine mounts, coz using two passenger side 3y ones aint gonna work lol as i was told

many thanks

dave

Members dont see this ad

hey you wouldn't know how well the ae82 rolla radiator fitted do ya and if the fan fit in the engine bay or not???, and I'm staying with the twin setup so I'm guessing i need to bash the S#%t outta the firewall til it fits??? lol with the engine mounts I'm guessing i need them to be the same angle as two 3y passenger mounts but remade to clear the dump pipe???

i think me an my old man have sorted out the wiring the green box in that photo of the duel cab thats the circuit opening relay yeah??? if so mine didn't come with one does anyone know if i can remake the relay by using two other relays???

how did the duel cab lux sound I'm thinkin of only going 2.5" with hiflow cat and single muffler???

almost forgot was the flywheel machined to be lightened or did it need to be done for the engine to fit???

cheers again

Edited by twinturbohilux

hey you wouldn't know how well the ae82 rolla radiator fitted do ya and if the fan fit in the engine bay or not???, and I'm staying with the twin setup so I'm guessing i need to bash the S#%t outta the firewall til it fits??? lol with the engine mounts I'm guessing i need them to be the same angle as two 3y passenger mounts but remade to clear the dump pipe???

i think me an my old man have sorted out the wiring the green box in that photo of the duel cab thats the circuit opening relay yeah??? if so mine didn't come with one does anyone know if i can remake the relay by using two other relays???

how did the duel cab lux sound I'm thinkin of only going 2.5" with hiflow cat and single muffler???

almost forgot was the flywheel machined to be lightened or did it need to be done for the engine to fit???

also did the duel cab have powersteering???

cheers again

• 2 weeks later...

hey you wouldn't know how well the ae82 rolla radiator fitted do ya and if the fan fit in the engine bay or not?

ae82 rad fitted sweet and had enough room for thermos.. no cutting of rad support except for cooler pipes

with the engine mounts I'm guessing i need them to be the same angle as two 3y passenger mounts but remade to clear the dump pipe?

yes, with the motor bolted to the factory gearbox, we custom made the mounts to suit the best position.

the green box in that photo of the duel cab thats the circuit opening relay yeah??? if so mine didn't come with one does anyone know if i can remake the relay by using two other relays?

Go to your local wrecking yard. Just get one out of any efi AE series corolla.. they are mounted next to the ecu.. easiest way to keep it factory... also easy to understand when diagnosing future problems.

Also you will need a speed signal input to the engine ecu. you can tap into the pollution computer which you can see in the pics.

how did the duel cab lux sound I'm thinkin of only going 2.5" with hiflow cat and single muffler?

We had 2.5" It sounded sweet.. nice and quiet

was the flywheel machined to be lightened or did it need to be done for the engine to fit???

We machined the flywheel because we fitted a new clutch.

also did the duel cab have powersteering???

We were going to fit it but ran out of time.. you have to make custom lines to suit 1g ps pump

Edited by Kebin