Ae71 Stalling

Members dont see this ad

Well, it is such a gigantic technological leap forward from the 4K I assume it does not have a manual choke. If it does, pull it out and stop it stalling...

If you are unfortunate enough to have an automatic choke, then give the motor a thorough tune- points, timing, idle speed and mixture checked and correct.

Then you need to learn how the auto choke works and adjust the screw that holds the idle up whiile the choke is out. It sounds like it is dropping the idle too fast before it is fully warmed up, but it could be retarded timing having that effect too..

On the subject of carby's stalling, on a 4k with manual choke, which screws do what, and tightening=more or less fuel?

I am yet to source a Gregory's or the like yet, and would much appreciate this info ;)

Cheers

EDIT: I know which screws are adjustable and where they are, but am not 100% on which one is idle/low/high

Edited by SkidzMgee

• 2 weeks later...

So just to clarify, there's no way on the stock carby to lean it out at higher speeds or throttle settings? Just tune for idle and go?

Many thanks

Chris

Yeah, pretty sure to adjust your mixture up higher speeds and throttle you would change jets. I think.