Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae92 Coolant Flush

Featured Replies

Hey everyone,

 

I am new to this site and also new to Corolla's. I recently purchased an AE92 Corolla, opened up the radiator cap and to my avail, it was brown and watery, not green like coolant at all!!!

 

I changed the coolant, flushed it with water but i am regretting not using a commercial additive to flush it out.

 

Summer is a few months away and i do not want my car to overheat, So my question to you all is, should i have used a commercial additive ? If so, what would you recommend? and, would it be worth changing my thermostat? again, if it is, could someone please explain how to do this?

 

Specs of the car is; 1991 AE92 Corolla SE - 4AFC (Carburetor engine).

Edited by kingtube69

Hey everyone,

 

I am new to this site and also new to Corolla's. I recently purchased an AE92 Corolla, opened up the radiator cap and to my avail, it was brown and watery, not green like coolant at all!!!

 

I changed the coolant, flushed it with water but i am regretting not using a commercial additive to flush it out.

 

Summer is a few months away and i do not want my car to overheat, So my question to you all is, should i have used a commercial additive ? If so, what would you recommend? and, would it be worth changing my thermostat? again, if it is, could someone please explain how to do this?

 

Specs of the car is; 1991 AE92 Corolla SE - 4AFC (Carburetor engine).

 

Just go to a car parts place and get standard coolant which has a rust inhibitor. You can get it for under $20. I wouldn't bother changing the thermo if the one in there is working fine. I would recommend reverse flushing the system before you put coolant in.

 

HOW TO REVERSE FLUSH.

 

I can't help with how to change it if you want to anyway but this I found on a google search.

1.) Locate the distributor box.. its the box with wires attached to engine with cables that terminate into a box.

2.) Under that box you will see a bunch of bolts... Two of those bolts are attached to a smaller housing ... Thats the thermostat housing.

 

Hint. Remove the air filter box to make an easier workspace.

 

 

Edited by blzbub666

  • 2 weeks later...

Also in all toyota's esp the sporty ones, you should be running Toyota red coolant, not only to preserve the motor, but cause its really good coolant.

my 4AGE rarely gets above half on the temp gauge even in super hot, humid conditions.

Also remember to bleed any air out when u change the coolant.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.