Blow Through Su'S

Spencer

my mates spent 3 plus days on a dyno with a mini and countless needles set up his turbo mini.

Ouch. Most dyno shops charge around $100/hr. So thats like $2400 in dyno time plus parts. For that money it doesnt make sense to stay carby. You could have a full sequential efi setup and tuned for less than that. And it WILL give you the drivability and economy that carbs only dream of.

If your going to buy a lambda gauge setup spend the money on a good one. The cheap ones don't react quick enough for boosted stuff.

Stu.

Members dont see this ad

yea my mate new the guy who owned the dyno so it didnt cost him that much he was doin road tests as well, engine was completely custom make his own wastegate etc lol and then when he finally got it running it was only for about 2 15min drives it was free boosting like 20 odd pound and the second trip it blew oil seals after that he striped the motor down and sold it about 4 years worth of work an over 20g lol waste if you ask me..

Yeah it's nice having a mate with a dyno. Such a shame

your mates car. My mate next door has a slide window that he's just finished and the metro 1275 with a cam and dcoe weber hauls arse. Could only imagine one at 20psi would be nice.

I would have thought that su's were mainly used for draw through setups and a dcoe type for the blow through. But it seems the su can be blown through with a few mods. If I were on a budget it seems like a good alternative.

Stu.

• 2 weeks later...