3K Gapless Rings

Figjam14

Members dont see this ad

why not ;)

Because gapless rings are normally atleast twice the price of normal rings. But if you can justify the difference in price then go for them. But from experience(I have em in my 5k) if everything isn't perfect it might breath pretty heavy(i think it rattled a bit when the injectors were too small and lost top ring tension)Not sure but think mine are "total seal".

"Pacific engine parts" can convert your second ring to gapless. Or most speed shops that deal with "total seal" should be able to help. You could even try a different engine. But don't forget ring widths and radial depths can change a heap from engine to engine.

Stu.

Edited by kickn5k
  • Upvote 1

Because gapless rings are normally atleast twice the price of normal rings. But if you can justify the difference in price then go for them. But from experience(I have em in my 5k) if everything isn't perfect it might breath pretty heavy(i think it rattled a bit when the injectors were too small and lost top ring tension)Not sure but think mine are "total seal".

"Pacific engine parts" can convert your second ring to gapless. Or most speed shops that deal with "total seal" should be able to help. You could even try a different engine. But don't forget ring widths and radial depths can change a heap from engine to engine.

Stu.

what he said they never seal properly and normal rings just work better they can adapt better to the bore when it flexes every time there is combustion

• 1 month later...