Ke30 Won'T Start

bogstock ke35

Hi all, a mate and I have just finished rebuilding his 4k with reground cam and shaved head, everything else is stock on the engine, we have gone to start it after the rebuild and it won't start? When turning over it is sucking air up the exhaust and pushing air out of the carbie. What does this mean? Any help would be awesome. Cheers Damon

Members dont see this ad

Line up all the 'dots' on the timing sprockets. So line up the camshaft with the dot on the thrust washer, (before the sproket goes on), then you line up the crankshaft dot with the dot on the camshaft sprocket.

i think the canshaft sprocket dot faces inwards and the crankshaft one 'outwards' if that makes sense

sounds complicated, needs a picture to explain, just look at your manual. ( you have a manual right?)

I had this problem after rebuilding a 4k, turned out I had the timing 180 degrees out...

Yeh, so the pin on the camshaft lines up with the dot on the thrust washer.

Now, the camshaft sprocket can only go on one way right,

So just put the sprocket on without turning the camshaft.

The dot on the Crankshaft sprocket lines up with the dot on the camshaft sprocket, but faces towards the sump. (say at 5 o'clock, facing the front of the engine)

Does that make sense?