Everything posted by bogstock ke35
-
Fastest Corolla In The World
I managed to get my 35 to 140 while overtaking and boy was that a struggle haha I think that was about its limit,
-
5.5 Mm Shaved 4K Head
I had a look at the block last night and it has flat top pistons so I would say its not a 4ku
-
5.5 Mm Shaved 4K Head
Oh cool thanks heaps for clearing that up, I would never have guessed that. Now I just have to figure out why there is a 5k head on my 4k haha Yeah the guy at the shop was comparing it to a 4k head which was probably my fault for thinking it had a standard 4k head on it. Have you guys ever had problem with snapping valve springs on these?
-
5.5 Mm Shaved 4K Head
I have uploaded some pictures to help identify the head. Even with two head gaskets you would think 5.5 mm is way past the point of just a second headgasket
-
5.5 Mm Shaved 4K Head
Hi all, The head gasket has finally gone in my 4k corolla that I have owned for 4 years, anyways I took it off and dropped it to our local machining shop and he informs me when I picked it up that whoever did the head last had shaved 5.5 mm off the head and fitted bigger valves and double valve springs to it. Does 5.5 mm sound like a shit load to have shaved off?? It was running 2 head gaskets aswell??
-
Welding A Borgy Centre Thru The Rear Plate.
It's not ideal but I have done this in my car, just remove the back plate and drain all oil and clean it out as much as possible to stop the oil catching fire ( learnt the hard way) weld the spider gears together as much as possible then spin the wheels and do the other side, the main thing is to get as much of the slag and fragments out as possible because it will kill the bearings in no time. Again learnt the hard way haha. Hope this helps
-
Aus- Corolla Ke35 Coupe Proj
Cheers, thanks heaps mate
-
Aus- Corolla Ke35 Coupe Proj
Looks Awsome mate, if you don't mind me asking, what is the colour called you painted your car in?
-
4K-C Carbie Turbo
The electronic plug should be for the fuel cut off solenoid and will need to be powered to allow the solenoid th work.
-
Fuel Cap For A 79 Corolla
They sell new fuel caps with keys on eBay for around 30 dollars. I think they are from Thailand.
-
Compression Ratio With Pump Fuel
I'm pretty sure they work on the amount of octane fuel your going to run and divide it by ten to get the compression ratio you should run. So if it was 98 octane fuel then 98/10 = 9.8:1 If that makes sense
-
How Can I Help A 3K
Do a turbo and don't get caught
-
Spark Plug Tubes/ O-Rings
I think I paid about 30 dollars and that was for a set of tubes and rings.
-
Spark Plug Tubes/ O-Rings
Toyota still make them genuine, I brought a set last month.
-
Xr6 Turbo Sedan 2003 Ba Manual
Pics?
-
Msd Btm To Suit 4K Turbo
Don't worry I just read that thread right the way through again, I understand now, the system I'm buyin is basically a MSD 6al with a boost valve for retard
-
Msd Btm To Suit 4K Turbo
Yeah I read it but did not really help me out much, would the jaycar kits be a similar setup?
-
Msd Btm To Suit 4K Turbo
Ok so I'm puttin together a turbo setup on my 4k and I know most people just lock the dizzy as a quick fix but I want to use a MSD BTM which is a (boost timing master) ignition system . it sounds like the perfect system I am looking for, I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with one of these systems and if it would be suitable for a turboed 4k. Cheers Damon
-
Ke30 Won'T Start
Thanks heaps for your help, should have it goin tomorow night
-
Ke30 Won'T Start
We don't have a manual. So we line up that pin on the camshaft with the dot on thrust washer so they are closest to each other and then have the crankshaft dot facing the other dot, both facing towards each other? Thanks for the help
-
Ke30 Won'T Start
Yeah we have the timing cover off now checking the timing, just seems to be weird that its sucking up the exhaust, wats the best way to do the timing? Thanks
-
Ke30 Won'T Start
Hi all, a mate and I have just finished rebuilding his 4k with reground cam and shaved head, everything else is stock on the engine, we have gone to start it after the rebuild and it won't start? When turning over it is sucking air up the exhaust and pushing air out of the carbie. What does this mean? Any help would be awesome. Cheers Damon
-
Omg...
Take your vin number into a toyota dealership and they should be able to give you a ignition key code to suit that car. Then all you have to do is take that code to the locksmiths and they will cut a new key to that code, hope this helps