August 11, 201115 yr comment_545975 I have just bought some Ksport coilovers & want to know if anyone out there has used these & what height they are running without being stupidly low. Ideally I'm after the measurement from the bottom collar to the spring perch collar, for front & rear. Thanks in advance. Report
August 11, 201115 yr comment_545991 Can't you just adjust them in-car? And set the height that you think is best? Report
August 11, 201115 yr Author comment_546041 You can adjust the damping in car, ie: turn the knob on top of the strut for softer/stiffer ride but ride height is adjusted off car Report
August 13, 201115 yr comment_546338 If it's your standard spring perch 'rianwest' is onto it. You'd have to jack the car and remove the wheel, adjust the spring perch then put the wheel back on, but still, you don't need to remove the entire shock. The other way is to find the guard lip to hub centre measurement that you want (could be wheel to guard clearance minus the radius of the wheel) then when jacking the car, place the jack under the lower control arm so that there's still weight on the car. Then with the wheel removed you can easily adjust the spring seat until you get the desired measurement. Report
August 13, 201115 yr Author comment_546384 Thanks for the advice, I see what your getting at. But height is adjustable via the mounting bracket not the spring perch. Meaning I have to unbolt then wind the bracket up or down the shock. I'm installing them today so I'll see how it goes, pics to come. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now