Cold Thermostat Issue

AE92-4AFC

Ive had a search around the forums and only found issues relating to overheating of thermos, but my problem is the thermo sitting well under cold for 2-3mins then sitting at the very bottom of the line, after about 10-15 mins it slowly goes up but i havnt seen it sit above 1/4 as i havnt driven it for more then a half hour. is this just some sort of quick fix problem or am i looking at something more serious. I can't just sit there and let the car idle for 15 mins before i want to give it a thrash

Members dont see this ad

I'm not 100% sure. It wouldn't surprise me. I bought this rolla not too long ago after I "broke" the last one. Since I've had it I've replaced the clutch, had to splice a new ignition wire for my headunit straight from the ignition itself, and I have a feeling the muffler needs replacing. Never had 1 problem with the last one.

My money is down that it's either dead, or more likely some race-spec customiser pulled the thermostat out thinking it would improve performance

Buy a new one, get a gasket while you're at it for the thermostat housing and swap.

Edited by philbey