Max Rim Size To My Rolla!!!

CaptainL

Members dont see this ad

Depends on the tires a lot. I have 14's with 185/65 and they hit the guard at the front, the top and they sure aren't far off the back haha. This is on a ke70, but if anything, the guards on your would be smaller.

I would say keep it 15 or smaller but if you like big wheels on a small car just go with very low profile tires.

I'm sure some guys on here would know the exact tire size you can squeeze onto one of them though :)

Cheers

you want to keep all 4 tyres the same.

a few pointers to fitting wheels to a car.

-diamter is not the biggest problem.

-width and (most importantly) OFFSET is the problem.

-you need to use tyres that suit the width of the wheel.

what wheels are you thinking of getting?

16x5.5"

16x6"?

16x7"?

16x8"?

16x9"?

That's the problem..... i don't know what fit's at 16inch!!!

For example

wheel 16x7.5 and tires size 205/40 Approved Rim Width Range (inch) 7.5 and Overall Width (inch) 8.6 its ok or they hit the fender?

Man, just buy some 14x7's or 15x8's and wrap them in either 195/60's or Falken make a 185/45 for the 14's(might be a bit of stretch). If they hit your guards then get them rolled. Will probably cost you around 200 bucks. Or rip out the heat gun and jackhandle and do it yourself.

Mate I have 17s on mine. Not by my choice may I add, she came with them. Pretty low profile to fit them in (205 something..40s I think, can't remember and not close to her right now). Only hits the guards on the very extremities of the wheel lock.

The wheels are a front wheel drive offset though, so at least an offset of 25 to 30mm. The problem is that it looks bad from the back because the rear wheels don't dish out to the guards. They look like they are sitting in too far. The other problem is because of the low profile she rides as rough as. So I have just bought some 14x6s to put back on mine.

Moral of the story is that your 16s can be done. You would have to be careful with the offset and risk the fact that the low profile would hurt the smoothness of the ride (not that they are all that smooth to start with). The big rims look great, don't get me wrong, I love the way mine looks. I just think that no more than 15s is the call.

The other thing is to consider what is legal depending on where you are. QLD is no more than 15mm larger or less than 26mm less than the stock wheel diameter. Not that you mean to change this too much, just something to keep in mind.

Mate I will get some this weekend and post them. If you like the wheels, they are for sale, seeing as I have the 14s now. Once I post the pics, if you like them you can pm me, otherwise all good. Kind of funny, I tell you not to go bigger than 15s, then try to sell you my 17s. Well at least you know they work.

Back soon.