Legallities

boofis

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...

as far as I know it's perfectly legal to remove any interior (including carpet) as long as there are no sharp edges, protrusions or anything that has the potential to be dangerous. That's what I've been told when I've asked Vicroads. So you should be right with removing carpet. Double check with Vicroads, never take anything as the be all end all when working around Vicroads.....so sick of them lol.

Edited by boofis

i just have something against everything that dosent need to be in a car. i don't care about luxuries and all that crap, never even have a sterio in any of my cars.

and its the cheapest way to make it go faster. making more power costs money :wink: i tell you what, the back seat pisses me off too. i never put people in the back because it wrecks the seats and the 'V' that you have to get through to get to the back. I'm all about basic in my work hack.

i just have something against everything that dosent need to be in a car. i don't care about luxuries and all that crap, never even have a sterio in any of my cars.

and its the cheapest way to make it go faster. making more power costs money :wink: i tell you what, the back seat pisses me off too. i never put people in the back because it wrecks the seats and the 'V' that you have to get through to get to the back. I'm all about basic in my work hack.

You sound like a mate of mine. He ripped the gas tank out of his EB Fairmont 5ltr, to make it lighter and faster. Now its costs him twice as much to run on petrol. wtf??

Seriously - How much weight do you think is in carpet? A few kilo's maybe. A stereo another few kilo's. Both of these things make everyday driving so much more enjoyable.

You going to be getting around listening to your engine and road noise full time!!

Where does it get you? You can still only do the speed limit.

I'm not having a crack at you here. It just seems a bit backwards to me.

You sound like a mate of mine. He ripped the gas tank out of his EB Fairmont 5ltr, to make it lighter and faster. Now its costs him twice as much to run on petrol. wtf??

Seriously - How much weight do you think is in carpet? A few kilo's maybe. A stereo another few kilo's. Both of these things make everyday driving so much more enjoyable.

You going to be getting around listening to your engine and road noise full time!!

Where does it get you? You can still only do the speed limit.

I'm not having a crack at you here. It just seems a bit backwards to me.

no i don't actually think that a sterio and carpet would save me the few kilos i need to get the power that holds me back from beatin that ferari that gets around town:p

i just like the raw attitude that it has to step into a rally spec streeter :D don't get me wrong. the 25 that i drive at the moment has everything in it and i have brand new carpet on the way and ima buy a head unit soonish.

but for my ke20 that is soon to be my daily when the reg runs out on my coupe will be basically abused i reckon and my sister will be learning to drive in it and it wont really be looked after by the other people in my family. even though they try (not car enthusiasts). mum and sister with rings/nails that scratch up the paintwork underneith the handles and on the bit that you usually grab to open it when the window is down, mums hiheel shoes tare hols in the carpet anyway over time.

and besides i HATE people in the back, 9 out of 10 times there drunk and i hate goin somewhere and people go "hees sober, take me here" and i go "do i look like a taxi mate??"

i don't expect it to be a show car and i certainly havent got the money but for now i like the back to basics look of it.