Front Strut Bar Worth It? (Ke70)

zeph_KE70

but by it liftin the front up it wuld increase rear grip n reduce front grip allowing faster exit speeds without trac loss.. isnt it desinged more so for grip rather den drift..?

Sorry but I don't understand what you just said, it seems like you asked me a question and then just answered it.

Members dont see this ad

lol I'm thinkin out loud n yeah i think i did answer the question that has bein on my mind for a while now lol, but basically for drift set up leave the stock front sway bar and change rear sway bar to larger dia.? is dat correct?

I dunno, I just thought with drifting you make your suspension as hard and low as you can, put your wheels on a 45 degree angle and run a 4 inch tyre on a 10 inch rim so you can skid.

A bigger diametre front swaybar will usually promote understeer if the rear isn't upgraded as well.

And, since i put the 19mm one in the back of mine, it does seem a lot happier to let the back come out. Used to understeer all the time if you really threw it in, but i have done a few other things since then so i couldn't say it was all the swaybar.

Edit: this is for rear wheel drives though, maybe for Trev with front wheel drive it's different

Edited by BlueKsev

A bigger diametre front swaybar will usually promote understeer if the rear isn't upgraded as well.

And, since i put the 19mm one in the back of mine, it does seem a lot happier to let the back come out. Used to understeer all the time if you really threw it in, but i have done a few other things since then so i couldn't say it was all the swaybar.

I bet it had more to do with poorly setup suspension and you using a swaybar to try to compensate it but made it worse.

It was standard when it did that. With wheels aligned to the standard specs. And standard height, so yeah i guess you could say it was poorly setup. Take that up with Toyota though mate. And the swaybar has made it a lot better too its probably the best thing i've done to it so far but a lot has changed so i couldn't really say much.

Why so much hate though?

I don't hate the sport, I just hate the way it has changed in the last 5 years, if you are not a drifter then you aren't cool and if you are a drifter it gives you a free pass to go and be a dickhead on the road, the attitude from some of them these days is pathetic, I was once trying to put a car together to get into it but I am over it, I even stopped going out and watching it as much as I used to.

• Upvote 1

I don't hate the sport, I just hate the way it has changed in the last 5 years, if you are not a drifter then you aren't cool and if you are a drifter it gives you a free pass to go and be a dickhead on the road, the attitude from some of them these days is pathetic, I was once trying to put a car together to get into it but I am over it, I even stopped going out and watching it as much as I used to.

That's fair enough, everyone has there own opinions I guess, but you can't stereotype all of us... Not all of us ggo be dickheads on the roads, I'm into the drift seen as much as anyone else but I don't mind the 4wd scene or minitruckin scene either... I guess you have just looked at the small majority of "drifters" that are idiots on the roads or think there better then everyone else cause they have a locker and drift...

• Upvote 1

That's fair enough, everyone has there own opinions I guess, but you can't stereotype all of us... Not all of us ggo be dickheads on the roads, I'm into the drift seen as much as anyone else but I don't mind the 4wd scene or minitruckin scene either... I guess you have just looked at the small majority of "drifters" that are idiots on the roads or think there better then everyone else cause they have a locker and drift...

lol, I am the last one to sit here and say I don't get up to shit on the roads, I even have mates that have been drifting longer then I have been a member on here that know what I am talking about.

I actually found rollaclub by being out at QR at a driftzone session and seeing a group of cars in the carpark with the sticker on them.