Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

32/34 Weber On A 4K.

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

 

Dad and I have been surfin' eBay for the last few weeks for Weber Carbys for Ollie, and we stumbled across this one.

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-WEBER-32-34-DMTL-CARB-CARBY-LANDROVER-LAND-ROVER-/330605977866?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf9a6e10a

 

It's a 32/34 Weber Carby with Manual Choke from a Land Rover (presumably from an older model one). I asked dad if it would work on my 4K, and he said he couldn't see why not, having smaller jets than the very common 32/36. I'm not saying he's wrong because I'd like to get one, but before I go out and buy one, I wanted to ask, and get opinions and suggestions from the brains of the "Weber on K-Engine" people if it would work on a 4K.

 

Dad works with someone who knows his stuff about Land Rovers, and the guy said that these are pretty hard to come by.

 

All Suggestions, Opinions and Feedback will be appreciated. :)

 

Josh :cool:

Edited by ewt

No reason why not. You probably wouldn't notice the difference in having a slightly smaller second throat unless you're on a race track, and at least its brand new.

 

It will need the same adapter plate I assume, and once its running have it dyno'd and re-jetted.

 

You could make it a really simple swap and just bolt it on, or take the manifold off as well and smooth all the edges out of it before you fit the Weber.

  • Author

Cheers Altezzaclub. :y:

 

I know that the most common problem with the 32/36 on a 4K is bogging down on full throttle, which needs the jets tuned to make it work properly on a 4K. But this one being a 34, it won't bog down too much on throttle because of the smaller secondary jets.

 

It won't be raced - just a nice Sunday Cruiser to learn and drive in. And a decently-sized Weber will give the 4K some Chop. If I can find a Complete 28/32 Weber with a Manual Choke, I'll definitely consider that one, but if I can't, I'll get a 32/34 (maybe this one if it's still for sale in a months time). :)

 

Josh :cool:

Edited by ewt

What size is the land rover motor its coming off? More than likely bigger than 1.3L. So really, to get the best out of it, you'll have to jet it anyway.

 

Anyone who says a 32/36 WILL bog down on a K engine, obviously hasn't jetted it.

Edited by SLO-030

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.