Lances "New" Ke55 Sedan

TarmacAttack

Hey doods,

After the death of my last KE55 sedan at a khanacross i was in search for another one.

In a little country towm outside of canberra i found this:

Its a 1979 KE55 sedan and its awesome!

Another granny car but an apprentice mechanic was doing a headgasket and snapped a headbolt and they ceased opperations.

So after weeks of me going to for a drive again and again i finally got them to sell it :)

So the plan is to put my motor in it and make it very nice..

Teaser pics..

6cdd4542.jpg

763e60cd.jpg

No cracks here

4fd0090b.jpg

f2b112c4.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Looks very cool Lance. Good find. :y:

Josh :cool:

Cheers mate, if the people i got this off didnt want to sell i would of been down to grab your KE36 next week :)

After treating the last one probarly abit too rough (khanacross's, dirt roads, drifting in the wet, water crossings etc) I have decided to keep this one fairly standard and put some pride an effort into it.

Its got minute rust( only a 10cm bit on the boot seal, and some surface stuff under the numberplate area) which is easily repairable.

Its going to be my daily aswell as a nice cruiser that holds its own when out and about. As i have my fun/fast car in the shed.

I'm going to pull the stereo out of the old one and transfer it over and make up a new subbox. Aswell as 4" speakers in the front door and splits in the rear.

Its got a sweet factory leather steering wheel cover which is woven all the way around by leather straps which i have no idea how to get off, so its staying on :)

I may make up my own 2" exhaust and get the front struts bend 1-2 degrees. I'm unsure whether to lower it or not though.. So ill decide that later..

Anyway tomorrow is the day i pull the motor out of this one and the aim is to have the thing insured and registed by next thursday intime for the summernats cruise :)

Ill let you all know how i go and take lots of pics..

Peace

hey mang, i paid $300 to get my struts bent. was it worth it? NO

what i recommend is sigma lower control arms witch give around -2 camber. also max your caster out aswell.

i aslo recommend chopped eb rear springs for extra "go kart"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...