Engineering/engineers

boofis

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, buy a good set of goggles. i have walked around for 4 days with a shard of metal stuck in my eye because i was too stupid to use them with the angle grinder. i also then had to endure the pain of my girlfriend taking the piece out the top of my eyeball with tweezers and a toothpick

goggles :)

prevention is better than any cure :D haha, slow learners and you call yourself corolla modifiers :) You have to think quick and be irrational to own a corolla :( Mmmmmm, grinder. On topic again, what affects does the heat have on the metal? can it also damage or change the properties if you stay on one spot too long etc.? Don't want to have any problems ;) lol.

• 2 weeks later...
prevention is better than any cure :y: haha, slow learners and you call yourself corolla modifiers :rocknroll: You have to think quick and be irrational to own a corolla :P Mmmmmm, grinder. On topic again, what affects does the heat have on the metal? can it also damage or change the properties if you stay on one spot too long etc.? Don't want to have any problems :y: lol.

yes, but i'm not sure what effect it would have (hardening/softeneing, etc) on head alloy. that's part of the reason you don't cut springs with an angle grinder, it changes the tempering of the metal. get stewart to sign up and post here

Troy i just read the lot and you said your engine was going to be toyota? wtf

anyhuu i think that a dremel would be the best for you because you will use it on many heads to come and maybe i could borrow it sometime hey :P don't forget whenever you are going to buy tools go and see dave first and he will give you a huge discount.

Cheers.

PS stop wasting time on matts ghey pulsar and work on the 55. GL with the metal patching :rocknroll: