Faq

boofis

Hey

Just reading through the FAQ cause I haven't done it in a while. Just noticed that it had a body work section, never seen it before and was wondering if it's going to be updated? AND I reckon you admin people are doing a fair job, and SJ that's a great FAQ....BUT THE BODYWORK MAN! :S

Thanks

Troy

Members dont see this ad

the original faq was simply compiled by me from various sources, the faq up here has been contributed to by many many more people. don't forget to thank them too, credit where credit's due

notice it's also in wiki format, so anyone can sign up and write an article. feel free to contribute yourself :S

i suck at bogging and i can't weld, so no use me contributing to bodywork

KE55...

and uhm.... little bit of column A... little bit of column B :S

I'm replacing panels where I can, otherwise, bogging the rest... maybe tack welding on metal replacements where the rust cut outs are... see how it goes ;)

Edited by Tiger

haha, sweeet. Yeah I'm considering running the doors just because of the weight *Shhhh* i'll get crucified for saying that beacuse I'll die when I get t-boned, but come on it'll mostly be on the track with the mgte. HOw do you actually shave handles and stuff :S I don't get the process:S please inform me oh well hung freakish tiger.

Edited by boofis

you take the handle out, and there is then a depression and a hole in the panel. you cut this out, and weld in a plate, the same shape as the doorskin. you smooth it and paint it so it looks like the handle was never there

tricky to do, because you usually warp the thin doorskin when you weld it. it's also illegal to have no obvious mechanical method of getting into a car door from the outside, in case of an accident

most minitruckers shave their doorhandles, and run poppers, similar to having just another vertical door lock, but on the outside, and it opens the door instead of locking it

Shaved handles?

Easy!

Take this car for example:

step1.jpg

One way is to take the smudge tool(the way i like to do it) and bring in the colours from the surrounding, make it look like it was never there.

step2.jpg

The other way is to use the clone stamp tool and just copy the pattern from somewhere very close to what you're shaving

step3.jpg

I usually like to use both techniques to come up with a nice clean job.. anyways i went ahead and shaved the two door handles

Keyless entry *ching ching*

step4.jpg

BWAHAHAHAH! :)

Now... If you want to know more about shaved handles... click here and ask these boys about shaved handles. I'm gonna get these guys to see where I can get a kit close enough to universal so I can modify it to run on a KE55 :(

HAHAHA! i got the paintbrush out like you said but now i just have messy doors, wiping my hand over the bumps doesnt make them go away, where did i go wrong? :)

and a "kit" isn't really in the true spirit of the whole "customs" scene. that's what makes it custom! everything is hand made for the specific car, everything is unique and different. and seriously, for someone who can weld, it's not like it's hard to stick a popper tube into a door and extend the handle mechanism up another 6 inches. down with kits, custom all the way :(