What Sort Of Paint

TIMMMAAAAYYY

Members dont see this ad

in regarding to that thread, don't want to dig up an old one. Demuire was saying about not spraying clear coat. I hope that's using 1 stage paint. If you were using bc/cc and only sprayed bc....is that what he means? And you CAN get acrylic to shine off the gun, personally I've found it's all in the brand. Paracryl is quite shiny off the gun imo as an example, where as cheapo 'home brand' non car paint acrylic is not. lol. :)

Edited by boofis

Demuire was saying about not spraying clear coat. I hope that's using 1 stage paint. If you were using bc/cc and only sprayed bc....is that what he means?

And you CAN get acrylic to shine off the gun, personally I've found it's all in the brand. Paracryl is quite shiny off the gun imo as an example, where as cheapo 'home brand' non car paint acrylic is not. lol. :wink:

You generally don't spray Clear coat over solid colours.

You can use clear to protect your paint. If you do use clear. Make sure its the top shelf stuff as the cheaper clears tend to mist up and turn yellow over the years.

The only time you normally use a clear coat, is when you have a metallic base coat or candy etc.

Getting acrylic to shine is easy. Use good quality paint, and if its acrylic.........make sure you use Acrylic thinners. For the last 2 coats, thin your mix right down with thinners. Hit the whole car with 2 "wet" coats and the jobs done.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have finally sorted out which paint I will be using.

I am now in the rubbing back ready to paint stage.

I have also been busy reupholstering the interior

I have completed the roof lining, door trims and parcel shelves.(Bugrandy suede).

and picked up my plush new floor carpets yesterday. (Deep Red).

I have a guy teed up to do the spray painting. He used to work at a body kit shop, so He is experienced at it (unlike me).

So hopefully I will have the my project near completed by the time I finish my holidays in early Feb.

Edited by TIMMMAAAAYYY