Microtech Lt-8 Help

ae828u

I have just bought a second hand microtech LT-8 ecu for my blacktop 20valve. I understand the fact that because it is second hand that may mean that the ecu has been set to the first motor it was set to and will only run to that motor unless you send it back to microtech bla bla my question is my ecu was previously set to another blacktop 20valve , does that mean it will work on my blacktop 20valve seeing as they r the exact same motors both out of a ae111????

Members dont see this ad

tried that, and the tuner had no idea and as I have been to 3 different prof tuners and they all have never heard that about microtech ecu

lmfao wer bouts u live dude? every tuner i call trys sellin me either a microshit or motec lol, if those tuners havnt heard of microtec i wouldnt take my car there

• 2 months later...

What has dog shit got to do with a microtech ecu, 3 prof tuners had never heard of that a microtech stays set to one motor

When you buy a Microturd new you tell them what engine and what sensors your engine has. Then they make the ECU to suit the motor.

So say if you had a Honda with a Microturd ECU, and then tried to use it on your Toyota it wouldn't work because the ECU has been configured to

Honda sensors. Same thing with the LT8 if it's been set up for a different motor. But if that motor has identical sensors it shouldn't be a problem.

Seeing as it was the same motor it should be fine, might just need a touch up on the fuel and ignition maps.

Edited by Twinky