February 2, 201214 yr comment_581748 What is your opinion on a "stock bottom end" man? Mine, it is a stock crank, and equivalent to stock cast bearings. Not talking about pistons or rods or modified oil pump or anything else. I am referring to the crank, bearings and thrust washers. What is the mis-understanding here? It is an equivalent stock bottom end. And this was the first weak point. An engine is seperated into two halves, the top end, and the bottom end. Top end is the head and its bits. Bottom end is the block and everything inside it. So this includes pistons, conrods, crank, block. Bearings and rings are not really relevent to the term as these are rebuild items. So if someone has forged pistons and H beam rods then their bottom end is in fact "forged" or "built". Report
February 2, 201214 yr comment_581754 With ya. I know all to well how the engine was built and what was used. Watched the build progress closely. I probably should have been more specific. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now