2006 Events

ancullen

Okay, we've now entered 2006, so it's probably time to start thinking about what new events we're going to hold this year. Here are some events I've been considering for 2006:

Gran Turismo Championship

- We use GT3 and have a playoff of some kind, just an idea that I'd like to receive feedback on.

Cruise + Bowling/Go-Karting/Motorkhana

- An event held in the same way we held the last cruise & motorkhana, with either bowling, go-karting or a motorkhana.

Cruise + BBQ

- This will cost money though. Definitely a dry season event.

I'm open to other options.

The real hard part this year is going to be trying to plan events whilst also planning a wedding, going back to uni, working full time, going on the Rejex Rally, AND preparing Lola for racing (as well as obviously racing her). This means that most of my weekends for the year are already booked out (especially from the start of June through to the first weekend in August). HOWEVER, I still would like to try and make about five events happen this year, six if possible. I want to try and expand the NT section even more, and that means that we need to let people know we're out there.

So, I'd want to make the first event happen sometime during January/February. Please post your preference below for what you'd like to see happen. I'm not really keen on another motorkhana yet due to the weather, having had one so recently, and the poor turn-out for the last event. A cruise could easily happen, but remember weather is a risk, so even if we just went bowling or to Zone-3 or Einsteins or something, we'd at least be getting members together to meet etc.

Comments/suggestions?

Edited by ancullen

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've done up a calendar of sorts on Excel. You can download it from here. I've put a black border around all weekends & long weekends so they stand out. Remember that this calendar was made using only the info I have on hand at present, so it doesn't yet include race meets at Hidden Valley or weekends where I'll need to do wedding stuff. Plus I have no intention of making every weekend revolve around cars/RollaClub - I will need personal time. Hopefully this calendar will make it a bit easier to work out when everyone can get together for club meets.

Adam, sounds like its time to pick someone to help with the events management. It can become a huge job if you have it all on your own.

I'm considering doing exactly that. I'm going to try and get a couple events organised early in the year, then if we go a bit quiet in the middle of the year it won't be too big a deal, then we'll have a couple more towards the end of the year to make up for the quiet period.

And Tim, I can understand if you can't make it to every event. RollaClub is here to stay, so what you can't do this year, we can always do next year.

Anyone interested in putting their hand up to help out this year? You'll need to help organise a couple of events, and if you felt so inclined, organise one or two from scratch while I'm busy in the middle of the year.

Also, anymore suggestions or comments for some events?

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I've decided to organise a cruise for Saturday the 18th of February. This will just be a cruise unless anyone REALLY wants to do something else afterwards. The main point is to get as many RollaClub members together as we can (as well as anyone else interested in Rolla's) to try and get some momentum going for this year. Who's up for it?

DATE: Saturday 18 February 2006

TIME: 1pm Turn-up, 1.30pm Start

PLACE: The Esplanade, Opposite Saville Park Suites

post-397-1138156884_thumb.jpg

post-397-1138156917_thumb.jpg

Edited by ancullen

• 2 weeks later...

This cruise will probably be cancelled due to an almost complete lack of interest. Two cars does not a cruise make. Unless we've got at least five cars (including my own) interested by Wednesday next week, I'll can the cruise and we can all just meet up at Hidden Valley on Sunday the 19th.

Maybe we should do a cruise to Katherine :D .

Don't you guys have a wreckers in Katherine? If not, try calling a wrecker up this way and seeing what price you can get from them. I could probably be convinced to do a run to Katherine to drop the carb off if you can arrange to get a good one from somewhere.

ake_10 is now coming on the cruise (hopefully in his white KE10). That means we have about five cars coming.

yeah its cool might have picked up a whole car for like 100 bucks down here so can't complain runs and all just rings are virtually gona so ill get what i need and scrap it, but yeah a cruise to katherine would be awsome, all the boys would be keen as, well the few of us that there is.lol

• 1 month later...

Just on a slightly different note, the next Hidden Valley race meet is on Sunday April 30. I saw that Zmit was at the one on Sunday, and I went looking for you, but ran into Supertiva from Boost and ended up chatting to him.

That blue AE86 wasn't too bad. Should go plenty faster when the driver (Dewy I think his name was) gets used to the track and driving the vehicle. It has adjustable suspension, fat tyres, and a silvertop 20v running 5psi of boost (standard internals). May not last too long as he's talking about taking the boost up to 8psi with standard 11:0 compression. Probably not a good idea.