ancullen

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys. Wedding went brilliantly. Had a 1951 Humber Super Snipe & a VXV21 Camry Touring GT-P (I want one) for the wedding cars. I'll post pics when I've got some. Here's what the Camry looks like, even the same colour:

51465_00mg.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Who would be interested in a cruise or some other kind of event sometime in the next couple of months? I'd like to wait until Matt's car is ready to roll, and I want to time it to get as many people as possible included. I'm completely open to suggestions as to what we can do, or where we can go. We could try go-karting again, except this time I'd actually book ahead - unlike last time. :lock_folder:

Talk shite? I'm awesome at that!!! Are there barbies for public use at East Point? As far as activities go, the options that come to mind are:

Go-karting ($60)

Tenpin Bowling (About $20 for a couple of games)

Zone3 (Can't remember how much)

Motorkhana (Cost of fuel to Hughes Airstrip - absolutely has to be done in the dry, would prefer not to do one though)

Rally (scavenger hunt type thing - follow clues and try to get to a particular location for a BBQ or something, cheap & fun)

Rock climbing (is this still on at Doctor's Gully?)

Mini-Golf (Gardens Park or Planet Tenpin)

These are just the suggestions I can come up with. If any of you think of anything else, let me know and we'll add it to the list of options. If we have anything that's a competition of some sort, we can put some sort of prize together. We can also look at combining a couple of these events to make it a bit more interesting, but obviously it gets a bit costlier the more we do.

Also, I just thought of it, next time there is a car show in Darwin (eg. the Autobarn event that was on a couple of months back), it would be really good to get a RollaClub display together. It could be done just by RollaClub, or we could combine with another Toyota club (eg. AE86 Driving Club, ToyMods, TwinCam.org, Australian Toyota Register, etc) to get a better turnout. Just an idea, and obviously we'd have to pretty up our cars a bit (I know mine looks completely ratshit). :lock_folder:

I just went on BoostCruising and it turns out a motor show is being organised right now for the 19th of August.

post-29233-11544053331837765634.jpg

If any of you guys have a Corolla that looks sweet and would be presentable for a motorshow, PM me ASAP. If you enter your car, I will provide you with RollaClub windscreen stickers (which you are all welcome to anyway), but I will also make up RollaClub business cards for you to display for people to grab, plus we can make up a car/club board, such as this:

post-397-1154415119_thumb.jpg

It would be great to get some cool old-skool Corollas entered, but there don't seem to be any really pretty ones around (imnost's is the earliest model with visual charm - would still like to see it entered though). However, late model (FWD) ones would be great as well. By the way - Sprinters do count as Corollas, so this offer extends to any AE86 drivers too.

I would enter my car, but it looks like shit (as stated previously). We need something with obviously visual charms, possibly bodykitted. I know that there's a kitted out, GZE-powered AE82 getting around town (I think he was a member but hasn't posted in ages). If anyone can contact the owner, please do and pass the above offer onto him, as if we can get the RollaClub name out there, I'd be stoked.

ake_10 - your car would be great in this. I'll also try contacting you through Boost as you don't seem to post on here anymore.

imnost – your car would also be great. It doesn't need to run, it just has to look fast & pretty. I can organise a trailer if you can make sure the car (including engine bay) is clean & polished and looks like it'll run.