Shortened Strut Sw20 Insert.....

BlueKsev

Na online... saved a lot of money over buying them in the shops, but its a lot worse if something like this happen. And the gland nut is okay, it mainly just needs machining on the bit below the thread, there will be plenty of meat left in it anyway. It looks like i will be able to make them fit so far though

Members dont see this ad

I'm confused why people use spacers? Why not cut it that extra 20mm shorter? :hmm:

Cutting another 20mm out of the strut tube means the shockers optimum range will be 20mm lower. Which can be a PITA for people that like to keep their heights within the law and not be forever 'topping out' the shock absorber.

From what length you've taken your struts to now, you could get ST185 celica shocks and on-sell the SW20's... off the top of my head SW20 is 365100 and ST185 is 365077. May need a small spacer under the insert though. PM me with your number if you have any more questions before going further with it tomorrow (I've made AE86, XT130 and RA40 coilovers using HSD kits and shorter inserts before).

• Upvote 1