Starting Gremlins

Token

G'day, Oh great collective knowledge of 'Rolla's.

Having issues with my ke30. They started after the last run of a khana a few weeks back, basically, the starter just didn't work.

so we roll started the car, got her home and started fault diagnosis.

We have a relay for the starter installed, and it checks out fine, starter has 12v, relay triggers when key is turned and the earths are sweet.

We then removed the starter, and bench tested it. Starter kicks over. Tested it using the loom on the car, just not in the bellhousing, once again, kicks over, all is sweet.

Put it back in car, car starts, sweet. turned it off, turns back on. But, if left for more then about 1/2 hour, it wont start again unless we take the starter off and replace it.

This is driving me nuts, Hoping someone might be able to give me a clue as to what I've missed.

Cheers

Token

also, added an earth from the starter to the chassis just to be safe, so that's covered.

Members dont see this ad

relay was clicking but solenoid wasnt. checked for brushes at work, no one had any... so bought a new starter motor. joys of working in a parts store.

got home, bench tested once more for old times sake, would kick every now and then but not all the time like it used to... so brushes theory lined up.

put in new starter... voila! just got home from a drive and everything is running just swell. fun times