Ke70 Auto To Manual Conversion

scooba

Members dont see this ad

Steve, what motor are you working with? I read in your other thread that you were having a tailshaft made for your conversion. If you're just working with a 4k, it might be cheaper just sourcing a manual tailshaft from a wreck or something.

For the rest of it, you will need a K40 or K50 gearbox and crossmember to suit, you will also need a clutch, flywheel and a manual pedalbox? (someone correct me if I'm wrong) Other than that all I can think of is a shifter surround (interior plastics) and you're away.

Don't know if the different diff ratio will affect how it should drive as a manual. I know people use them with 4AGE's but a 4k is much more sluggish...Not sure how it would go...

Give me a day or two and I'll put it all up on here if the KE70.com link isn't fixed. We bought a donor wreck to get everything, including the funny metal cone that holds the clutch cable onto the firewall. That way we just took off the auto d'shaft nose at the uni joint and fitted the manual UJ/nose and combined the two shafts..

http://www.ke70.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1493&hl=

Give me a day or two and I'll put it all up on here if the KE70.com link isn't fixed. We bought a donor wreck to get everything, including the funny metal cone that holds the clutch cable onto the firewall. That way we just took off the auto d'shaft nose at the uni joint and fitted the manual UJ/nose and combined the two shafts..

http://www.ke70.com/...wtopic=1493&hl=

Sorry to say mate but the link is dead.

If you've got a backup of it or something and i'll see about putting it up in the FAQ

Edit - Doh, i just breezed over your first sentence and went straight to the link.

Anywhat, i found googles cache of it, but only the first and second post so i'm missing the wiring side of it.

Edited by towe001

Dragging the 5k auto, plus the other goodies (tacho dash, remote boot and fuel release, a/c? etc.), out of my other ke70.

I have almost all of the other bits and pieces, have also installed a manual pedal box (the rolla its going into was an auto too).

Have the option of buying the tailshaft ($40 or $50) out of a manual KE70 but there is a choice of single or two piece.

It's more the wiring side of things i was chasing, plus the running of the clutch cable.

Thanks for the quick responses...

Cheers,

Steve.

Yeah, wiring you have to short out the ignition lockout that the auto has, and the revese lights were quite different between a few cars as guys posted up their own ones. I'd say get a multimeter and sort that out. You will have an active wire left over that is live as the lights are turned on- used to iluminate the auto selector so now you can use it for anything.

Grab the clutch cable firewall cone and rivet it onto the firewall, and don't forget the clutch cable feeds in the opposite way to what you expect, up from the bottom I think it is.

Well, sadly KE70.com got hacked, so it will be up when they get it sorted.

Irokin was nice enough to send me the article, and I've put it up here-

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/58879-how-to-convert-an-auto-to-a-manual-ke70/page__pid__590801#entry590801

Edited by altezzaclub

Well, sadly KE70.com got hacked, so it will be up when they get it sorted.

Irokin was nice enough to send me the article, and I've put it up here-

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/58879-how-to-convert-an-auto-to-a-manual-ke70/page__pid__590801#entry590801

Sad to hear that some tool hacked KE70.com...

Awesome work Irokin and Altezzaclub. Many thanks for that. I also have this article tucked away now. It was the initial inspiration for my conversion.

Again, thanks heaps guys.

Steve.