Gearbox Question

Ke70sam

Members dont see this ad

Probably the rear part of the gearbox is too short, so the gearlever comes up too close to the front of the hole. The Ke70 has a long output casing.

That means driveshaft will be different too. All you can do is measure it or take a photo of the gearbox & stick it up. Gearbox internals are the same.

The shifter holes won't line up mate, so I'd advise swapping your ke30/55 5 speed and crossmember with someone with a ke70 5speed and crossmember that has a early ke :)

I you can just cut a new hole for it but the shifter will hit the dash

Probably the rear part of the gearbox is too short, so the gearlever comes up too close to the front of the hole. The Ke70 has a long output casing.

That means driveshaft will be different too. All you can do is measure it or take a photo of the gearbox & stick it up. Gearbox internals are the same.

Tailhousings / gearboxes are the same length, ke30 ones just appear to be shorter due shifter position is further forward.

That means you can use your old driveshaft with it.

If you already have a 5speed in your ke70 you can just switch the tailhousing with shifters over.

If not, you will need tailhousing with shifter from a ke70

unless you want to cut a shifterhole 10cm further forward

Tailhousings / gearboxes are the same length, ke30 ones just appear to be shorter due shifter position is further forward.

That means you can use your old driveshaft with it.

If you already have a 5speed in your ke70 you can just switch the tailhousing with shifters over.

If not, you will need tailhousing with shifter from a ke70

unless you want to cut a shifterhole 10cm further forward

Hey guys thanks for the info my ke70 has an auto in but I know where a ke30 I think it's a ke30 maybe 55 but it's a five speed and it's been sitting there for years do I'm trying to get in contact with the owner to see if he/she wants to sell and my ke70 will get a five speed soon enough although I don't really mind cutting the whole further forward if that's what I have to do just one other question does the pedal ox between the two or is it different

if its got an auto, driveshaft yoke probably wont fit. Might be able to swap over the yoke from ke55 by renewing front uni joint

Will need a ke7 k50 gearbox crossmember as well. ... remember putting a spigot bearing in flywheel and bypassing

neutral switch. pedalboxes /clutchwire not the same

Better of finding a Ke7 donor