4K Ke70 Won'T Idle

fkj

You'll be looking min. $250 to get someone to recondition carbi, if your going to do it get a carbi kit and do it yourself. For absolute novices every time you pull a piece off take a picture to refer back to later. Can't go wrong.

As altezza said may not be carbi all other options are cheaper.

Sounds to me like your fuel line is blocked and your not getting enough fuel for the revs into second. My old girl idled ok when sitting and ok through gears but when slowing down for lights would start to splutter and stall, new fuel line fixed her.

Edited by SternBlend

Members dont see this ad

My first plan of attack is going to be new fuel line and filter. Then I'll look at timing etc, if thats not it, it will be time to cough up some $$$ for a carby recon, or go straight for a new carby, webber or something ;)

I can't see the problem being the filter or the fuel line if you've flushed them out, and PARTICULARLY as the amount of fuel needed to idle is a fraction of the fuel needed to accelerate. Maybe its flooding from too much fuel in the bowl at idle... dirt under the needle & seat..

If you are worried about fuel delivery, just take the fuel line off at the carb & stick it in a jar, pull the lead off the coil and crank the motor for 15seconds exactly. If you post up how many ml of fuel per time we can do the same and check it for you.

You can spend a lot of money and not solve the problem sometimes.

I will do exactly that later this evening. Will get back to you with mL/15 secs.

Edit: Fuel filter paper looks ridiculously dirty already, after flushing it yesterday.

Edited by fkj

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a new fuel filter and that fixed the problem for a couple weeks, but its back and worse than ever. Now it doesn't idle, and shudders when driving, although everything runs absolutely fine with the choke out, but of course this isn't too practical, driving around blowing smoke haha. My mechanic has said he thinks the idler jet must be blocked, and has recommended a carby rebuild, but not too keen on spending the $300 I was quoted for that.

Still having problems, tried this, but to no avail;

Cheap and nasty way to clean carby.

Swap 2 and 3 plug leads around.

Hold foot flat

Crank engine

Watch it backfire through carby a couple of times

Swap plug leads back to where they should be.

Oh and make sure you remove the aircleaner before you do this....................

I guess I'm gonna have to pull the carb apart, if anyone has the workshop manual and they could scan and send me the pages on the carby, it would be much appreciated, because otherwise I'm going in blind. Really need this back on the road, hardly idles with the choke out anymore, too lean?