Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Moving To Adelaide, Registering Ke70

Featured Replies

Hi all, I'm Ben. I'm moving to Adelaide in about 2 months and I'm bringing my recently bought ke70. Just a few questions about how picky there going to be when they look over the car. As it has an sr20det in it, front mount, coil overs, rolled guards, diff the usual fun things! It has been mod plated for the engine, gearbox and diff. Jus wondering if anyone has any info on what there going to look at! I posted the same question in another thread awhile back, but thought I'd ask the people of Adelaide to, hope that doesn't annoy anyone! Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks

You will be screwed. No chance at all

 

Sorry but no point beating around the bush

You will have to take it for an inspection regardless of the mods. They will probably give you a 'statement of requirements' which will detail all the work you'll need to do to get registered here.

 

If you call them, there is a form you can get where you provide all the details and they can provide some info before you get here.

Edited by philbey

  • Author

Thanks for that, appreciate it! Wil give them a call today! Thanks again!

LOL, statement of requirements or not, that engine capacity, especially the turbo variant, is too powerful for the weight of the car, therefore no chance of it ever getting registered here because SA is in fact the Nanny state.

 

You COULD try and get it engineered, but you better start looking to sell a kidney on the black market if you want to fund it.

  • Author

Hmmm kidney.....lol. Well it's already been engineered. Have the paper work and the plate on the car. And that's for the engine, gearbox and diff! I rang the inspection place yesterday, suppose all I can do is try. Might jus have to be a track car!

Doesnt matter if its mod plated wherever you currently are as all states have different modification laws.

 

SA is the cotton wool state, where its dangerous to mod your car apparently :P

 

By all means, give it a shot, but I think you'll be outta luck on this one man.

  • Author

Haha, 7shades!! Bag of dicks! Well I can only explore all options and give it a go, it's to nice of a car to only be used on a track! Cotton wool state, I thought everything was a bit more laid back in Adelaide! Thanks for the honesty raven, even though it's hell shit news for me! Lol

I gave the shortened version of what Raven said.

 

Sell it before you come over

  • Author

Haha, well beers are always good! I'm gonna drive the ke over anyway, and fry tires on the track I guess! Least I won't be worrying about breaking stuff if it's not a daily!

I dispute that it's not possible. There is ample room in the car mods guide to allow for it and last I looked there was no documented upper limit to power weight., I know plenty of sr20 1600s that are engineered and legal.

 

It will most likely require an engineers report and likely be expensive. It is not impossible. Now where did I put that bag I was snacking from.?..

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.