Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ta22 Diff Into Ke70?

Featured Replies

I've been told TA22 diffs bolt straight up to KE70's, but the flange connecting the tail shaft to the diff needs to be cut off the Celica's tail shaft and stuck onto the Corolla's.

 

Has anyone ever done this before? Are they as strong as AE86 diffs or should I focus my efforts looking for one out of an AE86?

a ta22 diff is about 5cm narrower than a ke70 diff. Drive shaft will need to be shortened a bit as well

 

Ta22s came with 6.62" D and 6.7" T diffs. The T diff will be same strengh as a zenki AE86 T-diff and weaker than a kouki AE86 T-diff

 

Belive some AE86s came with the weaker 6.3" S-diff as well.

 

Wear and tear, previous abuse / maintenance and setup of the diff will also be factors of how strong the diff is.

  • Author

Ok, that helps out a lot.

 

I've also heard that it flogs out the bushings quicker due to slight differences between the two. Think I'll just play it safe and go for the '86.

 

Cheers.

just for the record, you don't cut them.

I'm sure you would press the uni knuckle apart and swap the ends.

  • Author

just for the record, you don't cut them.

I'm sure you would press the uni knuckle apart and swap the ends.

 

Yeah, that's what I meant.

 

But would you need to shorten the matching tail shaft to fit a K40/50 gearbox (whichever diff you settle on)? I know of a guy who does tail shafts in my area.

not due to choise of gearbox but due to nose of a T diff sticks further forward

 

than a ke 70 U-diff. ( don't know about the aussie borg warner stuff but should be measured)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.