The Reason Behind No Corolla

KE26 Wagon

I havent been on here in ages. I previously had a KE26 and loved it, however it was stolen and burnt. After going through a couple of other cars I have now decided that I cannot have a good daily (KE26) and a nice weekend car.

So now I drive a POS vr wagon everyday and Have my HQ for weekend duties.

After helping John build his 13BT Ke26 I had the hankering for building my own.

I know its not a Toyota / Corolla but I though I would put it up.

Anyway it was a 253 timatic combo but now has:

2003 Ls1

Extractors

4L60e auto

Hilux diff (done by curly)

Prostars

and a few other things

post-3342-0-56646600-1334894635_thumb.jpg

Edited by KE26 Wagon

Members dont see this ad

Very nice little sleeper there Justin. Good job on my old wagon too mate, you guys have certainly got a lot further with it than i ever did...

I bet you turn a few heads when the bonnet is lifted.....I love seeing an original classic like this revived with some modern goodies

Edited by PHATKE20S

• 4 weeks later...

Any more info on the conversion?

what mounts did you use, tunnel clearance, who did your harness?

Well used the Tuff mounts - ended up remaking the lower sections 60mm taller cause the didnt fit and didnt allow the extractors or sump to fit. No clearence to the tunnel was needed although it is alittle tight in areas. The harness was sent to a guy in QLD I think his name is killer Kustom Kables. He did a great job and had the harness back to me in 4 days with all the extras that i needed on there.

Other than that I did it all in the shed at home with help from a couple of mates for the wiring part = i.e I hate wiring.

Any questions or if you want photos just ask. Cheers for the positive feedback even though its not a rolla. Still miss my Ke26 heaps aswell

• 8 months later...

havent been on here for ages. Really miss my 26 but cannot go back now.

Anyway the HQ has been going good. Went to summernats and entered the burnout comp. Ended up coming 18th out of 350+ competitors.

Only blew the power steering up on the sunday finals, drove home without the power steering so all is good

getting my KE fix soon as John will be bringing his wagon around for some more work