What's A Decent Ke10 Worth These Days?

I'll be discussing this with the insurance people soon over repairs from a lady running into my car. Mine is a US 1969 KE10 Just got through with a near restoration...Mechanically all new 'cept for some bushings and bits I haven't replaced yet. Everything under the hood is brand new, full engine (3K), head, ancillaries, wiring..polished aluminum...brakes , tires, ujoints, tie rods, shocks, strut inserts, carpet, custom teakwood dash and instrument overlays....most of what was left to do was seats, rubber kit, headliner and paint.

And on an unrelated question...why would they make the front and rear windows sooooo close to being the same but different. They coulda made the two interchangeable.

Members dont see this ad

To be perfectly honest mate, nothing we can tell you about the value of cars in Australia will have any relevance for you. Brand new cars for you can be anywhere from 50 to 65% more expensive over here.

As for classics, a mid 70's 911 will sell in the states for 15k. The same car over here will fetch 35k. Given our dollar is about at parity, it's like for like $ wise.

As for corolla's, I gather they're a hell of a lot rarer but would be worth less than here.

had185,000 when I bought it hmmm 25 years ago(had to look at my title, seems longer)....rolled it over many times...freshen it up every 250,000 or so whether it needs it or not...starting to not drive as much these days though

Is your signature true about how many miles it has done or are you counting *ths of miles and its meant to be 72550.6?

Pretty sure those old Odometers only go to 99,999 thousand?

Other wise its done

1167588 km. :o

So your saying no matter how much of it is new now...nearly three quarters of a million miles makes it worthless?, (yeah on it's 7th rollover) Mechanically, most of it's got less than 5000 miles on it..

Edited by CorollaNut69

I just thought when you said "otherwise it's done" I couldn't get anything for it. No big deal guys.....

I have just located the someone selling a 69 wagon that has the engine and tranny out but still with it, and somebody cut a huge piece of the firewall and hump out, intending to swap engines but never finishing, otherwise it seems perfectly straight and has ALL it's bits, all lights and everything work....every little original bit I've been missing is on there, plus what I need from the crash. No title, bill of sale only it says, so unless I filed for a lost title , (and rebuilt the dang firewall) it'll just be a parts car. Gonna talk to the boss tomorrow about borrowing some bucks and his truck and trailer, (if the wagon hasn't sold yet) till the insurance folks are sorted out.

It has been through quite a bit...I know it sat for a little over a year before I bought it...and a couple of times when I had other vehicles I let it sit for some time....maybe all together it has only missed 5 or 6 of the last 43 years being in daily use. It has always been there and done what was needed of it and then some....It drove when the Cutlass wouldn't, the 78 Jeep, the 88 Honda, the 99 Hyundai...the 08 Yamaha. I have had to do some interesting things to get it home sometimes...like shoestring clutch cables...using mine and my cousins belts to hold the radiator together when it split the top off....

Oh and the 69 wagon sold right away...so still looking for parts around here...nearly two weeks now and Insurance hasn't even looked at the car yet...they are supposed to be getting an appraisal company to come look at it cuz they have no idea what it's worth, no regular body shop will touch it...they aren't "certified to work on something this old". I have a couple of buddies though...one does paint and body, the other does welding and metal work, between the two should be no problem once I know how much I have to work with. Gonna go ahead and do a full chassis off, glass out, repaint...(after I get the rubber kit). The major problem I'm having is deciding on what color.....original Olive, Bright white...or even Black and Silver two tone similar to the primer job on it now.