May 24, 201214 yr comment_605824 Hello All, this may seem stupid. But i'm not going to pretend i know everything. Here goes. I have a KE 55. 4KC engine. I'm the second owner, so its in great condition. the thing i can not get past is the plastic grill and rubber ends on the chrome bumpers.. Does a ke30 or ke20 bumper bar fit the ke 55? Like i said. It may seem stupid but i don't know. Cheers guys and gals Report
May 24, 201214 yr Author comment_605838 cheers mate! will the ke 20 ones fit around the body? I don't mind cutting brackets and welding. I'm only asking in case i come across some. Now my last silly question.... What grills will fit the ke 55? I'd prefer a steel chrome one.... Will a ke20 one fit? Thanks again mate! Report
May 24, 201214 yr comment_605844 KE30/55 are basically the same car so they are all interchangeable, ke20 bars wont work as well (fabbing mounts etc) and will be far more expensive. (unless you get lucky) I used ke30 bars on my ke70 and while they fit, kinda, it was a LOT of fcuking around and they only look good from a distance. Not sure about grills but id say no, KE20 wont work. There are heaps of different KE30/55 grills though. If you wanna do a cheap chrome grill I did one on mine and used 20mm chrome pin stripe tape to cover it. :D Thats the grill i made Edited May 24, 201214 yr by B.L.Z.BUB Report
May 24, 201214 yr Author comment_605850 Ahh ok, sweet. Thanks for the info mate, you are a champion! at least i won't waste my money. I found a ke 30 front bumper, guess i'll just have to find a rear. Hmmm, i guess i could make my own grill.. Maybe i could make one like this! http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=chrome+knob+grill&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&sa=N&rls=en&biw=1280&bih=680&tbm=isch&tbnid=KZp5nD8RixXlAM:&imgrefurl=http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddio/galleries/72157623756436094&docid=WoAdlaTT4NoCHM&imgurl=http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4020/4493097312_85260dddc3_z.jpg&w=640&h=427&ei=Y-y9T-nGDo-YiAe9y9DGDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=981&vpy=223&dur=183&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=114&ty=139&sig=100927967338356818557&page=1&tbnh=152&tbnw=204&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:0,i:102 Report
March 31, 20179 yr comment_708697 So both front and rear ke55 bumpers fit ke70? With a little modification? Does anyone know what modifications are necessary exactly? Report
April 1, 20179 yr comment_708709 I put both ke30 and ke55 bars on my ke70. The actual bumpers don't need to be modified you just need to modify the mounts, either ke70 ones or ke30/55. Report
April 1, 20179 yr comment_708723 If you're modifying bumpers to fit you're better off getting cheap repro chrome bars welding mounts on to them IMO. Even if you go a sketchy job mounting bars made to suit they'll still look better than bars that don't suit anyway. Or take the red pill and go where no E7 owner has gone before - save up for genuine chrome bars. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now