Hch Spigot Bearing

rian

Has anyone used HCH bearings before?

I ordered a spigot bearing the other day, expecting it to be an NSK or Nachi bearing, but an HCH bearing turned up.

I've never heard of them before, and was just wondering if anyone has used one or heard of them.

The bearing was only $3, and now that I think about it that seems to cheap for a spigot bearing, I searched for other brands and they are more like $10.

However the part number for this bearing seems correct, it is 6001 2RS C3 V2 and was listed under spigot bearings for 4A engines in the catalogue when I ordered it. I'm just a bit suss on using a cheap bearing in my car. Anyone got any opinions?

Are all 6001 bearings the same/meet the same standards?

Members dont see this ad

Not all bearings are the same, even if they obey the same standards of clearences they can have inferior metals, fit a Nachi or NSK. Go to a local bearing shop or I can even mail you one.

Just curious who did you order off?

Edited by Sam_Q

I ordered it through Supercheap Auto, but the bearing itself came from Bearing Wholesalers or something. I'll take it back in and see if I can swap it for a Nachi item. I was a bit annoyed when I received a random branded bearing, thinking I was going to get a Nachi or similar.

I should have just got one through you Sam, next time I'll know where to go.

Thanks for the heads-up.