Ryan's Formerly Owned Te31

Skellington

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are 15's then get some 195/50's. If the states is like here they are one of the most popular tyre width/profile combos and they are usually pretty cheap.

But I'm not a huge *E3* guy so someone else whos stuck those wheels on one should confirm.

Have a look through this thread it'll give you an idea of what people are fitting on theirs. The MA61's are +8 offset from memory.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/9555-ke30-55-members-page/

Well, I did some more work on the car today (if you want to call it that). I went through the carb and cleaned it up inside. I lost the large gold spring that goes on the plunger. Now the engine runs a little smoother. It still dies when put in gear at idle unless helpped, but now it is even harder to do without the spring in the plunger. I have worked on carbs before, but they were motorcycle and air cooled VWs. The Asian toyota carb was a witch with a capitol B. I am hoping that I can aquire a spring, put it in, and get this thing to run smoothly. If all else fails, ill get a better motor with EFI and a manual trans. Hope ill be able to drive this one until more funds arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

Been doing a few things to my car. I have been doing a lot of overtime at work, so my car time has been cut short. I did manage to get my turbo cleaned up. Anybody know anything about these? I know its a G... but here's the plate.

2012-06-08185206.jpg

here's the assembly:

2012-06-02202742.jpg

I purchased a carb rebuild kit, so I am 1/2 way done doing that. hopefully it will fix my idle issues. I got the barrymans bucket of stuff to dip my parts in. That stuff works great.

2012-06-09102645.jpg

I also looked at another older corolla that my grandfather has in his junk yard. It was a 2 door lift back 1977. I should of taken pics of the actual car. Here is the plaques:

2012-06-09131036.jpg

2012-06-09131006.jpg

That's all for now.

TE51???? Must see more pictures of the car!

heh, that thing has been out there sitting since i was a very small kid. its complete with very little damage on the front. It even has AC. I'm not sure when ill be out there again, but ill snap some pics for ya. Are the 2 door liftbacks rare?

This is my first Asian down draft carb rebuild. I normally work on side draft motorcycle type... conversion? possibly. After some minor hick-ups, I put my carb back together and got the car running. It runs well, but the idle is too high. It runs perfect until the auto choke opens up. I messed with everything on the outside that has to do with idle and choke. My theory: My float bowl is too low, thus the idle jet is quickly pulling in gasoline fumes instead of actual fuel (which should flow slower). I think that's the key to getting this POS carb running. I'd change it, but ill need the stock one for emission testing. Hope it works and my theory isn't all just BS. If anyone has any other ideas post away. I can't wait to drive this thing to work again.

Went to the parts yard today to help my wife get stuff for her project car. I looked at some KE70s they had there. I would love to get a T5, rear axle with higher ratio, and maybe even a 3tc. Tomorrow I go back and I think I may inquire on buying the whole car and compare that cost to just pulling the stuff I want. The KE7X's they have there are really nice and they aren't even picked. People around here all are after the Honda's and the Supra manual trans (shakes fist at transmission gods). I may snag some pics of the virtually untouched KE7X's they have some really nice 2 doors.