Rare Spares Or Ebay?

I've been looking for rubber and things for my KE10. I see a rubber kit at RareSpares for $600+ which has everything but the rear quarter windows. I see a 5 piece, front and rear windshield plus doors and trunk for $119 on ebay, same guy has aftermarket front side markers which I need also. I would have to get the bailey channels and other things separately.

I guess my question is...has anyone used either of these two options? Any fit or quality issues?

Also ...the side markers on my KE10 did not have lights in them, can I find those somewhere?

And one more...would the Aussie drivers side mirror fit the passenger side of my US model, I would like matching mirrors on both sides. (not out on the fender, but by the windows)

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I went ahead and got the side markers from ebay, they are a bit cheesy but I think overall they look a lot better than the nothing I had. And for only $14 worth the try. One of mine got smashed 25 years ago and couldn't find another so I just shaved em both. Nice to have something back, these are lighted though and I think stick out a bit more than the original unlighted ones I had. I'm not putting the bulbs in these, just using the base and lenses. I'm slowly getting the crash damage from last month beat back out...need a little welding here and there but looking pretty good for no filler yet. I went ahead and stuck it back on for now so I can drive...it's been 102F in the shade the past few weeks so I'm not spending much time on it lately.

Picture141.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a KE17 - which shares some common rubber seals with the KE10. This is what I have done and they all worked:

Doors, front windscreen and rear windscreen - all bought from Phil's Rotaries.

Bailey channel and weather strips - from Scotts Old Auto Rubber

Rear side "flipper" window seals - Phil's Rotaries (ok but could be better)

Boot seal from eBay retailed Livadee

Cowl seal that goes under bonnet - Livadee also

Bonnet bump rubbers - Phil's Rotaries

Front Quarter Windows - Rare Spares site said they have this, so I duly ordered to find out the delivered product was nothing of the sort. If you find somebody who has some tie them down and call me please!