Engine Queries

dawaris1

hey, ive recently got my 1986 ae82 running and i was wondering if there is any significant power gain in doing much work on the stock engine or if there is another engine which can easily be put into the car without too many modifications to mounting points etc.

Also i went on a holiday and when i came back the car wouldn't start and when my dad who is a mechanic had a look at it he said it was probably the ignition switch playing up. i know a guy who's car a 97 ae82 which wouldn't start either and we always thought it was something to do with his immobiliser/alarm which was playing up aswell but now i'm wondering if his car had the same problems. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was a common problem or not and if anyone knows how to fix it

Members dont see this ad
97n ae82?? you must mean 87....

4age will fit in easy

yeah i bout his 87 after he crashed and put his engine in mine which is a 4age, and ive got the 4age outta mine which i'm cosidering rebuilding cos it had a blown head gasket and was left to sit for a few months and the head corroded, which i got machined. cos to buy a rebuild kit was gonna cost the same as he wanted for his car so now i got a parts car aswell

• 4 weeks later...

so you want more power than a 4age? yes?

either a 4agze or turboing the 4age.

turbo 4a's can make very extreme amounts of power given the right form of encouragement.

and my ultimate dream with any engine is twincharged. so that you never have lag and can run a huge f@$k off turbo to give uber boost :P

but i think I'm getting silly here :P

go the gze for ease, or gte for more power