What Roads Do You Normally Cruise

Valandor

just wondering what roads you guys normally like to drive down and why?

personally i like (don't know the name of it) but it goes between blackwood and crafers.

and turning off that road and popping up in stirling.

also love south road near aldinga and sellings. nice and open road with the smell of the sea.

Members dont see this ad

I particulalry like the road between Stirling and Marion (the road you Valandor) but it's a cow of a road if you're stuck behind someone, there's no-where to overtake them!

I like the back roads around Lenswood, Lobethal, and Woodside.

The old Eagle on the Hill Road, not as good now that they've made it one lane and 60klms but still fun.

The back way from South Road to Victor.

The coast road to and past Rapid Bay.

But my all time favourite road would have to be the one between Meadows and Ashbourne (on the way to Strathalbyn or Victor) it's a 100 zone and there's turns and twisties galore .... all the way through. It's exhilarating!

• 2 weeks later...

OK! deep breath time!!

...i have a strange feeling this post could go on for a bit.

i do all these routes as often as i can, with my mates, with anyone who wants a race, on my own, anything...

1. from blackwood, through main road, through coromandel valley, up main road to the top of renella area, left up through clarendon, through kangarilla and meddows, back towards hahndorf via old mt barker road, through aldgate, striling and onto the freeway to finish.

2. from city, up freeway, up old freeway (sadning, but still great on the lower part NEVER go over 60 on the straight, always cameras) onto new freeway, off at stirling. right at roundabout, onto longwood road, right at mt lofty train station and down sturt valley road... right onto polle road, wind up through pole road ( i call this the BLACK run, if anyone is familure with it, it is death anything over 20kmhr due to its rapid hairpins) onto uppersturt road and down to blackwood.

3. gorge road, but my best mate knows the contiunuation of it, but i can't remember it without driving it now, includes adelaide-lobthal road, marble hill ruin road, corkscrew if you go the other way, and coming back down through old or new norton summit road

4. for a quick suspension thrash, up freeway to first exit, down mount osmond road. stupidly bumpy road.

5. blackwood, down main road, through coromandel valley, up acklands hill road, right towards mylor and longwood, left onto longwood-stirling road, into stirling, either on fw, or back roads back to crafers, left onto picadilly road, through picadilly into summertown. left onto top of greenhill road, either down greenhill or left onto summit road, over mt lofty, then down crafers, upper sturt road!

and 6. my all time FAVOURITE downhill....

from blackwood. up Upper sturt road through hawthorn dean, up to crafers over waverly ridge road, up mt lofty roadm over summit and down summit road, onto greenhill and down. << probably one of the simplest and shortest, but thats my stomping ground.

love it

-Chris

... ohh, and they're just the ones ive memorised and love, there are heaps like, paris hill road and all the others down south that ive been on, but not learnt yet! :o

great roads

-Chris

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mainly drive down marion road and anzac highway..

but when i get my p's (left getting my learners for 7-8 months- don't know why)

i will be goin round same roads but maybe bay cruisin as well, so jetty road, colley tce and anzac highway

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...