Everything posted by doityourself
-
Starlet Body On A Volvo 240 Floorpan/driveline?!
This is insane in the membrane!
-
Brodie's Ke30 2Door - Supercharged, Intercooled, Megasquirt, C.o.p
This is insane! Does the mega squirt work with nissan ca18det cas that you know of?
-
Rb30 Into A Ke 55
For brakes think about corona or mx62.
-
Manual For A 3K Help
Are we talking gearbox or workshop repair manual for a 3K engine?
-
Ke-30 Two Door
Thought I would update a little bit. Finally got around to getting my new exhaust done at work almost a month ago now. Here is the only photo of the extractors since the install, as one can imagine black extractors in a dark engine bay are hard to see. And some progress has been made on the new set up too, can't wait till I have finished it. And another random happy shot of something I picked up quite recently (Edit) Derrrr some details would be nice The new exhaust is a 45mm mandrel bent system consisting of a 300mm long hot dog resonator, and a custom made 150x450mm straight through muffler packed entirely with course stainless steel, and the Pacemaker Headers of course.
-
Spotted
Spotted a white KE30 or possibly a KE55 with 30 bumpers in Seaford close proximity of Griffiths Drive and the new Seaford Train Station (Currently under construction)
-
Rt80 Corona 12R 5 Speed
That is a beautiful car. I have always had a soft spot for Corona's, especially the early models.
-
The Rebuild Of Slw42 Version 2.0 Ke55 Coupe
Nice build up you have. Sure you couldn't utilise the 2T and gearbox for the Corolla? There are a few people who would say there is no real power gain to be had, but the 2T would have more torque than the K.
-
Ke30-55 Members Page.
Hey man nice honeycomb 55 you have, haven't seen it around the area yet. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.
-
Ke-30 Two Door
Thinking about running a microtech, or maybe a early wolf. This would hopefully open up the option of running vapour injection. I am currently using a 65 litre tank but am not ruling out a 95 litre tank down the tank. And no the jokes are few between, I probably say them more than everyone else, which is why I don't notice. And after today I am thinking about some racing, hope I can do The Mt. Alma Hillclimb in 2013.
-
Daisy The Ke30, Vtec F20C !
Are you using the mesh as light weight re inforcement?
-
Ke-30 Two Door
The more power I make the faster I try to go.
-
Ke-30 Two Door
Cheers fella, just a tad left of centre, fuel consumption is about 10 litres per hundred with my foot flat to the floor but I can get as low as 7.5 if I take it easy. Looking at taking another step better tuning, I recently acquired a Mitsubishi crank angle sensor that I want to have machined to fit a Bosch dizzy. This will allow me to coil packs and an after market ecu.
-
Spotted
Spotted green KE30 @ Willunga parked at the school.
-
Ke-30 Two Door
Well it turned out that I had another set of rocker gear for the rolla. Finally installed, all running smoothly and quietly - don't recognise it idling in traffic anymore - No more badly adjusted and embarrassing noise. YAY!!
-
Spotted
Spotted white KE30 with Tarago rims yesterday on South Road north of Bains road at Morphett Vale yesterday
-
All Jap Day
got some pictures at www.photobucket.com/ajd2012dale
-
Sa Automotive Photography
Do you have a link, I can't find your page on Facebook
-
Lpg 7Age Turbo!!
Cool fella, LPG is highly overlooked - I've gone down the 3K N/A Impco LPG route myself with good economy results. There have been a few people who are using Bosch 4K dizzys and making an adapter to mate the 4k dizzy and #A-GE motors together. The benefit of the Bosch dizzy is the interchangeable parts, I'm sure you should be able to get a boost retard \ vacuum advance module, you can run twin points set ups, electronic set ups. I think I am going to subscribe to this thread.
-
Aus- Corolla Ke35 Coupe Proj
For shorter stock shockers, I've heard subaru brumby or n10 pulsar, although the pulsar units are three inches shorter and require a spacer on top of the insert to tighten to the gland nut.
-
Ke-30 Two Door
Its alive!!! Going to get 4k rocker gear shaved so I can do the clearances properly.
-
Ke-30 Two Door
Well its all back together, just have to do an oil change and fill the cooling system
-
Ke-30 Two Door
Time for a little update: My Pacemaker Headers are still sitting in the spare room - waiting to be jigged but I don't go back to work til the 9th of Jan so nothing is really happening with them for the moment. My little car gave me a new years resolution on new years eve, it decided that it no longer liked the head gasket, so it blew between water jackets and cylinders one and four. Have already popped the head off to Lonsdale Engine Worx here in SA, should come back today and with any luck I should be back on the road tomorrow. The head is having some minor corrosion welded up and the head is getting a light skim.
-
Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe
This is an AWESOME build up, I have read this from start to end in one sitting. After seeing the LCA's with rose joints, I really want to do it now. Just out of curiosity how much did they set you back?
-
Fuel Economy, Or Lack There Of....
With my 3K-H running on straight LPG, I'm using about 10L/100km - which is really cheap @ 67 ish cents per litre. Engine mods: Impco CA125 modded to an early mechanical secondary K carby throttle plate, ceramic coated inlet manifold, big port head, standard 3K motor (assuming to be 9:1cr), currently 1-1/4" press bent extractors, 2 inch press bent exhaust 1 hot dog resonator & 1 muffler. Tuning: slighty rich all through the rev range as tuning LPG properly is a hard bastard, also running approximately 22 degrees BTDC, no vacuum advance and total mech advance of 37 degrees. ITS NOT PINGING YET!! Driveline: KE55 5 speed, & 4.3 Borg Warner diff.