Regular Member
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


chestikoph1 last won the day on July 5 2014

chestikoph1 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

10 Good

About chestikoph1

  • Rank
    Common Member
  • Birthday 11/14/1976

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Recent Profile Visitors

11,943,498 profile views
  1. Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

    I have had to butcher up the dash in order to fit back in around the cage, the Carlos bars have made it really hard to get it back in. It has to wedge between that and the A pillar bar for to fit in, gonna be a nightmare to fit it in without scratching the cage up once it's painted, oh well it's a race car anyway!!
  2. Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

    Some more welding today = both seats in
  3. Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

    Made a start on the pedal box mount, not sure about the design yet. I want to make it so I can adjust the position of the pedals.
  4. Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

    One down, one to go!!
  5. KE20 22RE??????

    I got a headache trying to read that!! Most engine conversions require a similar amount of work and mucking around in small KE20 engine bay and is going to require dollars to do it properly, if you have the cash go 3sge if you are set on a Toyota motor. More hp, more torque depending on which version you go for and it would like to rev more than a 22re. 4age would be the simple choice.
  6. Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

    Floor is finally in etch primer.
  7. Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

    Yeah it's a pretty comprehensive cage Carlos, but I have always believed you can never be too safe, so I got as many bars I could in there. i have just started on the tedious job of sanding.
  8. Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

    Diff hump cut out and new section tacked in, loads of clearance now. Should be the last day day of cutting out bits of the car, waiting on the weld in captive nuts so I can weld in the seat rails once that's done I can start on the pedal box, then I have to try and fit the dash back in around the roll cage.
  9. Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

    Passenger side done and started on the seat rails, still have the diff hump to do, I have my new mig welder dialled now and welds look a heap better than the drivers side. If I was ever to do this again I would cut out the whole floor with the tunnel and fab it all from scratch, it's a pain to work around the existing floorpan, oh well lesson learnt for the other shell.
  10. Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

    Drivers side floor and gearbox tunnel done.
  11. Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

    Cheers Matt, it's coming together slowly. Started on the tunnel today, just one more section to fab up and join the tunnel to the floor and drivers side is done. Then the passenger side has one hump to remove and I can start on the seat mounts.
  12. Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

    A couple of more hours spent on the floor after work and another piece of the puzzle done. Man I hate YouTube, they make things look so easy. Can't complain though first attempt at sheet metal work and it's turning out half ok, just got to remind my self it's only an floorpan!
  13. Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

    After trialing the fit of my new seats I have realised I need to get the seat mounted as low as possible. 6ft tall and with a helmet on leaves me really close to the roof bars, so I have started on converting the drivers side floor to a flat floor. It will start just before the standard seat rail was. So many bumps and raised sections in the standard floor it would have been a nightmare to get the mounts as low as I wanted. Bought my self a bead roller and pan brake so I can fab the floor myself, I think I will mod the tunnel and give the diff head some more room as well. quick phone pic of the start of the floor
  14. Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

    Cage now 90% finished, just have to do the bar that runs under and across the dash to attach the steering column too, then intstall the Tilton adjustable pedal box. That gets rid of the standard pedal box and most of the interior plastics, hood lining, door trims, geez there will be a heap of parts to sell off after this, also things like the MR2 seats, PWR radiator which I am changing, will post up when I get a chance.
  15. Johnny Mac's Ke35 Coupe

    Pretty sure you will need a te37 bonnet, the profile is different to any other ke series they have higher bulge in the middle.