Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

doityourself

Regular Member
  • Joined

Everything posted by doityourself

  1. 81 - 83 toyota camry front shocks will fit and are 2 inches shorter than stock RA40 shocks.
  2. On the up side they could use the ZZ motors to power such an 86 return, however Toyota would have to update the body and safety of the shell, regardless of base model features.
  3. Actually you can put a 2T-G head on a 3T-C. You need to retard the exhaust cam to the last dowel hole on the camshaft, it still works well. PM Batesy TE70 about the details, as he did it to one of his motors.
  4. If you mean - like working a 3K, I do but then again I am a fruit cake. Slowly but surely I am devising my engine package, that should piss all over a 4ac
  5. Yeah man its been done, and quite recently. Chris from AJPS has a turbo 3T-c. Its is a blow through set up with a custom box put on top of the 32/36 weber. The exhaust is a 3T-GTE item as well as the turbo. The oil feed is a T piece off they pressure switch. The return line is brazed into the sump - as the 3T has no return on the block unlike the 3T-GTE. The timing is locked, vacuum lines also removed, timing set at 17 degrees BTDC. It runs fine except for the fact the car has a suspected head gasket problem which was prior to the turbo conversion. The car was running better before the points and spark plugs were replaced, I suspect the gaps on the plugs have to be redone.
  6. Sorry to disappoint but Pacemaker is not interested in making headers for the corolla.
  7. If you are after some performance, I suggest you should try my next motor I am building for my KE30. 3K Turbo Its pretty simple really. bore 60 thou chrome moly rings stock flat top pistons - ceramic coated top and Teflon coated side skirts (adds to piston life) standard crank - balanced standard flywheel - remove 2 kg and balanced 8.5cr 4K head - ceramic coated valves, port matching, new valve springs (25 pounds stiffer than stock) standard intake and exhaust manifolds port matched to head - exhaust manifold is single plane type. turbo manifold - J pipe steam pipe 45mm inside dia, from exhaust manifold to turbo mounted forward of engine. custom pipe work from turbo to custom carby box, mounted to 32/36 Weber for blow through application. Turbo is a T20 from Nissan N12 Exa / ET Turbo (mine has been high flowed, now same A/R as T25) Timing is simple, lock advance plates in dizzy (weld them), and remove vacuum advance line(s), will be running approx. 20 degrees before TDC Fuel will be a 10psi carter fuel pump - (as a rule of thumb for any blow through carby set up, run 3 psi more fuel than boost.) Clutch will be a Exceedy HD. Hope that sparks some interest for you. I was inspired by my mate 3T-C turbo set up in a T18. Cheers Dale J.
  8. My brother seems to think that the SC14 should handle the job ok. He has had experience with a supercharged 18RG on LPG.
  9. Leaf springs are a progressive spring rate, hence the reason the leaves are different lengths. I want a constant spring rate, hoping by using 3 main leafs (2 with loops cut off) and one no.3 leaf.
  10. A roots blower is ok but it can't force much air as there are only two 4 lobes (2 pairs) inside. The roots blower design started way back when they were originally used on diesel motors. CON - they are not designed to spin fast, therefore are a more inefficent way to supercharge PRO - cheap to maufacture The centrifugal blower on the other hand is a turbo compressor housing connected to a gearbox (single speed - steps up revolutions) and to a pulley. This type of blower can really spin hard, I have heard as much a 80,000rpm CON - expensive to manufacture PRO - extremely effective.
  11. Mate there are only a few blower that will be able to keep up with a 20v and none of them are toyota built. If you want to be serious about it, your are going to need to get yourself a Vortech Centrifugal blower. Something like a Vortech V5 should do the job well.
  12. One of these could come in handy for that K motor upgrade, this is pure horn! There is nothing like a 3K-R
  13. So what has been done to the rear?
  14. Do want to hijack, but can I use a use a 3 main leaves ( 2 with eye cut off), and a no. 3? I am after less progressive rate and more solid state leaves.
  15. Down here in SA they do, must be different rule in QLD in regards to brake lines and who can make them.
  16. Are these going to happen I have been waiting for someone to some for ages now. James, how much longer are we going to have to wait??
  17. Cheers Cameron, that would be tops. Cheers Dale J.
  18. Would someone like to give me one of those motors for Shizuka?
  19. Hey just wondering what cam you guys can recommend for my monster 3K? I want to make power and I don't care how high I have to rev it to make it. I am building for a bottom end that will happily take 10,000 RPM.
  20. to the carby mate.
  21. Jap spec T18's ran a disk brake T series diff, maybe you could try and find some discs and make up your own calliper mounts. The other idea I have is to custom fit N13 front vented discs on the rear with the N13 calliper, these will fit under 13" as they do as standard.
  22. If braided lines are pure bling factor, then why does Yamaha offer braided brake line upgrades for their sports bikes?? Obviously there is some benefit in using braided vs. standard lines.
  23. Hey braided lines are not just rice items, they do actually work, especially if you have to stomp the brakes. I am sure that somewhere like Pirtek can help you out there. Just show them the fittings at either end and tell them how long you want the lines to be and they will make them up for you.
  24. I have changed my mind, I would rather have a worked 3T-C and an auto trans than a supercharged 20 Valve.
  25. I say go the chicken cooker, Umm I mean the rotor. Just to be different I would look for a 10A or 12A, you'd have a better chance of getting it legal with a 10A.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.