Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

doityourself

Regular Member
  • Joined

Everything posted by doityourself

  1. Looks like we all missed out the bidding has finished Present price: 30,000,000 Yen
  2. Thats a good job for 200 mate, fancy doing my car? Shave rear door handles, remove vinyl roof and cut out rust from roof.
  3. In answer to you question blonka about raven's pedal assembly. Yes the master cylinder does go through the hole.
  4. Ohh just remembered that my mechanic said when he did a 2t conversion for a customers KE30 2 door, he used the whole TA22 pedal box assembly and it bolts straight in.
  5. When I did this a long time ago, I just bolted in a TA22 pedal, and extended the pin by welding a few nuts together and a bolt head to the nuts. Also I think I may have redrilled the pivot point too.
  6. Your mags are HORN. I wish I could have pics of my rolla at Mt Panarama but sadly Adelaide is a little more then 5 minutes away. You could get some AJPS coilover, his web site is www.ajps.com.au Keep us informed and can we have more pics??? PLEASE!!!!
  7. I'll speak to the boss' and see if I can get some limited edition rollaclub ones made up from pacemakers (my work)
  8. If you are after extractors try Genie Headers, they also do some in their Wild Cat range which is Genies with a Ceramic Coating.
  9. a 4A-GE 20 valve with a Votech supercharger for "Shikuza na ushi"
  10. Sorry to dissapoint you but the strut tops in the KE30/50/55 are not the same as KE70/AE71/TE72/AE86
  11. I may tell you that the 83 camry shock don't suit KE struts. The diameter is too large, they do work in MX struts though.
  12. I say go for it, I am all about go away from the popular myself. Nice to see some people who like to be unique or individuals. There is nothing wrong with an auto, just get a manual valve body fitted and a stage 3 kit, it should beat most manuals off the lights and have better control over the trans then most autos.
  13. Batesy_TE70 did this to his last one. 3T with TA22 engine mounts, AE71 pedal box, TE72 T50 gearbox, custom gearbox crossmember. get the cam reground and run a 32/36 down draught weber, and a 2 inch manifold back exhaust. Dale J
  14. AE86 struts will go in using RA40 steering arms, as for strut top I have heard of people redrilling the strut tower to suit the AE71/TE72/AE86 bolt pattern. Whether this is legal or not, I don't know. Personally I would go MX62 / MX73 Cressida Struts with KE55 strut tops, with an 83 Camry (monroe GT gas) shock and custom Aurora springs approx. 2 - 2.5 inches lower and a spring rate of 5 -5.5kgs. As for diff I would ditch the piny diff and get a KE55 BW with swaybar support, Contact Boss Automotive in SA, they can do a billet minispool centre for about $350, and some billet axles for $1000 each. As for swaybars you could upgrade the front bushes to nolathane or similar and add a thicker whiteline bolt that is available for KE55 BW with swaybar support. Dale J.
  15. I had a KE30 with a 3t years ago now. You'll find that you'll need bigger brakes, sitck ones are fine around town but when your on the open road you will want to go hard. A standard 3T-c is good enough to put VL bommodores in there place, even with a pee shooter exhaust like mine had. I can't say from experience YET but the big cam and webers with make this an absolute machine to drive. You may want to get the flywheel lightened just a bit to help when the cam is making good power.
  16. Have you got any pics of the tramp rods? I tried using tramp bars, they were 60x30mm and 600mm long but with stock ride height it ment I only had 2 inch ground clearence and the car could not go speed humps. Although they did work well.
  17. So.... do you have much trouble with axle tramp? :jamie:
  18. How much for 4A mounts to suit KE30 cross member?
  19. Check your earth straps are connected, just found this problem 2 days after changing the gearbox in my SSS pulsar
  20. Hi all I am Dale My KE30's name is Shzuka Na Ushi -- in Japanese it means "Silent Cow". The VIN is 423695, and plated 1978
  21. Looks cool, grab it, finish the paint on the left side. Would be good for a 4AGZE or similar, CA18-DE(T) or even a SR18VE.
  22. 7k

    doityourself replied to Lukey's topic in Engine Conversions
    I never said I didn't like making GRUNT, its either a lazy 7K that should theorectically run trouble free for decades, or a short lived high 10,000RPM lumpy 3K.
  23. TA22 strut should fit if you use the strut tops from the KE70, and change over the steering arm too.
  24. To adress this problem you are going to need to find shockers out of another car, and not necessarily toyota either. Head down to your local car parts store, and ask if you can get them to help you find a shock that has lower compressed, extended and natural state. For instance I was going to do a TA22 strut but am now going for an RA40 strut and brake upgrade soon, I want to lower the car 2.5 to 3 inches (and this is on a KE30). So we looked trough the back of the monroe book in the reference section. Instead of using RA40 shocks, I am going to put in 83 - 86 Camry shocks. The spec all come out the same as what has to stay the same but the compressed, extended heights are 60mm lower. If what I said hasn't made sense them pm, and let me know.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.