16V Or 20V For Ae71 Conversion

Hello to all, about 18 monts ago i was given an AE71 Panel Van from a good friend of mine as he left for the AirForce. I drove it for about a year then took it off the road because of various mechanical issues. the last six months it's been sitting around and my extreme love for this car drove me to decide upon fixing her up. She's stripped at the moment and hopefully going into a panel shop in the near future to get some small rust issues sorted with.

The main decision i am having issues with is wether i should drop a 4AGE into my car or re condition my 4AC engine and do a little work on that, I'm leaning heavily towards the idea of a 4AGE. Next question is what 4AGE should i use, what will be the easiest to put in, with the least amount of work. Don't get me wrong i'm not being lazy but i'm very novice when it comes to automotive work. this being the first real mechanical endevour i've set upon.

So please, the question i need answered is:

What are my options when it comes to different 4AGE engines and what will be the easiest to put in?

Thankyou for all opinions.

post-10856-0-46420000-1339898562_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Really don't bother with the 4ac as it has been said before working a 4ac will cost a lot with about the same out come as a stock big port 4age.

Purely based on ease of install, taking into account the cooling system and the distributor on a 20v, the 16v would be easier by far! not so much mucking around with re-locating the dizzy and re routing the cooling system on the back of the head.

but if you change your mind about the 20v there is a kit available from these companies

http://s-86.com/parts.html

https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/20v4age/4ag-20v-water-line-kit-ae86-corolla

Hope this helps a bit, there is heaps on here in the tech articles to help you make your mind up.

Good luck with the conversion