Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1971 Ke25 Coil Ballast Resistor Wiring

Featured Replies

Hi , can anyone post a photo of their coil wiring on a 3k motor. I'm a little confused as to which correct wire is ran to the ballast . I have a black/ yellow trace wire which is ran to the + side of the coil. If someone has a unmodified engine bay can they please take a pic of the coil and ballast area. I have a feeling I am missing a wire. I want to keep engine bay original . Or can u SMS a pic to 0424666915 cheers

The black/yellow trace(or orange trace) wire should be +12v, this goes into one side of the ballast resistor. The other side of the ballast resistor goes to the positive terminal on the coil. ie. the ballast resistor goes between the +12v source and the positive on the coil.

Edited by rian

This link might help: there is a points distributor/coil/ballast resistor wiring diagram at the start of the article, the rest of the article is about electronic distributor so ignore that:

 

http://www.rollaclub...ic-distributor/

Edited by rian

  • Author

Thanks heaps , I realize that's how it's wired up , I just really need a pic of a ke20 or 25 engine bay, to see what colour wires they use to keep it original . Can somone supply a ke20/25 pic of their coil

sorry dude, just went out to take a photo for you but my phone batteries too flat to take the photo. will have a pic for ya by 7pmish tomorrow if someone doesnt beat me to it.

  • Author

I think I may have a ballast from a ke10 cos it has spade terminals on it, I believe the ke25 had nuts on the threads where the wires mount this could be my problem, but pics will be awesome thanks

  • Author

Thanks heaps for the pictures, really appreciated. I had fitted my ke10 ballast with male spade terminal ends on it .

  • Author

Thanks heaps for the pictures, really appreciated. I had fitted my ke10 ballast with male spade terminal ends on it .

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.