4a 4k On Lpg Gas?

rthy

only get a gasfit if you KNOW that you will have that vehicle for a fair while, not just a couple of years.

If you want a vehicle on gas, you can't go past an ex-cab.

We sell em for 5 grand.

2000 model AU Falcon

~650,000klms

painted back to its original colour

more power and economy than a poor 4k-c could ever muster.

Members dont see this ad

ha ha love ke70

aye, they are a lovely thing to drive

We sell them cos they are 6 years old and on the stroke of midnight from when they turn six we have to pull em off.

Mate, i've driven some great and not so great cabs in my time.

By 100,000k they stop feeling brand new

By 400,000k they stop feeling near new

By 800,000k they start feeling shit.

We never let our cabs go past 700,000 cos thats when you have troubles.

We had one cab come off just recently (december) a dec99 model AU update and it drove like a new car. Never had a major hit and still had PLENTY of billy-o even on the gas.

There are ex-cabs and there are ex-cabs.

Alot of cabs on the road are 'cabs for life' or 'taxi pack' ones. They come off super tired and shit with close to a million kays. (btw falcon blocks are good for 1,150,000klms)

We never touch them. we buy ex-fleeters for $12k at 3yrs 100,000kms old and flog em off at 6yrs 600,000klms for $5k.

A good deal really. Especially as we put them on the gas too.

Gas is the best.

My next car is an ex-cab. Can you tell?

As Mr Hardware said, we also used to keep the standard hire cars LTD & Fairlane until they hit 380,000 to 400,000 or 6years and the stretches until 600,000 or 650,000 or 8 years. They are looked after better then a cab in most cases but not all. Ex hire cars still look like new and drive like a family owned or ex fleet with around 150,000 on the clock and better maintained, we used to sell ours ex-standard cars for around $5500 and the stretches for $30,000

You can get some great ex-cabs and great ex-hire cars but there are also some real dogs out there as well. You can normally spot the dog a mile away or just by starting it or even within the first 500 meters of your test drive. But for a cheap car and cheap fuel I would by one for a round town shitter, they also make a great cheap base for a rally car.