Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

Hi all, I have recently purchased a ke55 and a s14 sr20 half cut in sweet nick! I have stripped both car and half cut and are heading in the xt 130 corona arms and strut with ra60 vented disks .

 

The thing is I can't seem to get any info on Crossmembers? is the original ok?

 

1. Do I have to modify ke crossmember/ engine mounts?

2. is there a cross member with an easier set up of brakes and suspension as I will have to change calipers and pads?

 

 

Let me know any help will be appreciated!!

1. yes, ke30/55 corolla's were not designed with nissan sr20 engines in mind.

 

2. Yes but No, unless you are very good with suspension and geometry I would advise you keep the crossmember and lca's that the car came with.

  • Author

Dropped the engine and gear box into corolla to check mounting positions and it doesn't look sooo bad. I reckon I can custom a bracket to the original engine mounts and work with that.

 

Does anyone know if the original engine mounts rubbers will last? engine work is a little down the track so just stock.

 

I'll update with some photo's soon.

many people when making their own engine mount brackets to adapt to the OEM mounts on the crossmember will change to a different rubber mount.

Typically people go for the "cortina" rubber engine mount - because they are CHEAP, often made with urethane these days, and piss easy to use - they just have a single threaded rod coming out of each side.

 

They look kinda like this.

 

post-5654-0-92090000-1341143360_thumb.jpg

 

 

With your SR conversion, you will also have to make a custom gearbox crossmember, and the shifter position will also likely be further back than stock - meaning chop chop to the transmission tunnel

 

You will also NEED a diff upgrade. Many options available....

 

Good luck with it.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.