Hi all, I have recently purchased a ke55 and a s14 sr20 half cut in sweet nick! I have stripped both car and half cut and are heading in the xt 130 corona arms and strut with ra60 vented disks .

The thing is I can't seem to get any info on Crossmembers? is the original ok?

1. Do I have to modify ke crossmember/ engine mounts?

2. is there a cross member with an easier set up of brakes and suspension as I will have to change calipers and pads?

Let me know any help will be appreciated!!

Members dont see this ad

Dropped the engine and gear box into corolla to check mounting positions and it doesn't look sooo bad. I reckon I can custom a bracket to the original engine mounts and work with that.

Does anyone know if the original engine mounts rubbers will last? engine work is a little down the track so just stock.

I'll update with some photo's soon.

many people when making their own engine mount brackets to adapt to the OEM mounts on the crossmember will change to a different rubber mount.

Typically people go for the "cortina" rubber engine mount - because they are CHEAP, often made with urethane these days, and piss easy to use - they just have a single threaded rod coming out of each side.

They look kinda like this.

post-5654-0-92090000-1341143360_thumb.jpg

With your SR conversion, you will also have to make a custom gearbox crossmember, and the shifter position will also likely be further back than stock - meaning chop chop to the transmission tunnel

You will also NEED a diff upgrade. Many options available....

Good luck with it.