My Ke25

run115

Hi people, i am new to this forum, and would like some help with my car. I am a maltese national living in england and would like to bring over my car from malta. The car is a 1971 corolla sl, ke25 model. I satrted drag racing when 1 was 17yrs old, and after nearly 7 years, i want to build my own car. The sl is quite a good car, being light and rwd. The questions are, what is the best engine/transmission to use without too much hassle, preferably turbo. And secondly waht rear axle should i use, cos I'm already on my second diff, with a 5k engine in it!!

Cheers for yr help,

Vince

Members dont see this ad

right.

to answer your first question, go to your local MOT office and ask them about importing your car to england and they will give you a run down on whether you can or not.

second question (engine and tranny)

if you want to stay toyota, id try find a 4AGZE, as they come with a stronger bottom end from factory, or find a bluetop 4age, you will need to drop the compression ratio, change over the inlet manifold, obviously going with a turbo, you'l need to change the exhaust etc to suit.

the gearbox youd most likely want to use would be a w55 with an A series bellhousing,

for your diff, best bet would be to go with an 8" G series LSD from the toyota hilux, you'l need to get it shortend and the mounts moved over to fit into your car.

- david