1Uz Powered Corolla

markstoys

I never realized how FEW engine bay pics I have. I'll see what I have on the computer at home, or I'll take some and post them.

Anyway, here's what I did last weekend. This is what I built it for.

First a couple of pics:

IMG_3032_zps69aaaa46.jpg

IMG_3034_zps5173c9bb.jpg

That Cobra did not survive the day--broken shifter and straight off one of the turns. No other damage though. Luckily, I survived with no problems.

I have to put a disclaimer on the video: The car is still being sorted out, so my fuel map over 5000 RPM or over 7 PSI of boost was so rich it was like hitting a rev limiter at either of those points. The boost limit was really frustrating because I had to really feather the throttle, and I could NEVER go to full throttle. Also, I was running crappy brake pads that were not up to the task, so stopping after a few brake zones became really scary. But even with these limitations, it was still ME holding the car back. Each lap in this session was two seconds faster than the last: 2:17, 2:15, 2:13, and 2:11. The one in this video was the fastest one.

All in all, I had a blast. I highly recommend going to a track event, it is totally worth the money and the only way to REALLY know what you and your car can do.

Members dont see this ad