My '69 Is Really A "68????

CorollaNut68

Well this is kind of cool. One of the posts I was looking at had the KE10 frame numbers. I've always been a little confused on the models because I bought this as a '69....the title says '69...but the pictures I've seen have always showed the vents and high back seats...mine didn't have those.

I e-mailed AskToyota.com on Saturday with the VIN and just got back the reply today...my KE10 was built in July 1968....and IS a 1968 Corolla! So I've got a first year (for here) first gen....and most likely the Oldest running daily driver Corolla in the state if not the surrounding states....which also probably means that the white paint job (I know, another white one) I've been planning will go back to the original Diana Olive.

Members dont see this ad

You get this with a lot cars. Sometimes the year on the rego is wrong. For example your car may have been built in say November 1968, but not sold until March 1969 so that was the year put down on the rego..

My green 1967 Ke10 is rego'd as a 1968 but it's actually a 1967 if that makes sense?