Ae80 Auto Trans Help Neededi H

Addicted

I have a 1985 AE80 Corolla with a 2AC engine and auto. It almost feels like kick down is engaged as it shifts late and won't go into drive until 70, with foot flat (kickdown) it is about 105 km/h. 1st to 2nd sometimes you need to lift the foot off at 50 km/h for it to change. Sometimes it is like driving a manual, but with out a clutch. I have checked the kick down cable and there is a few mm of play in it, fluid is just under where it should be by a bees dick, had it slightly overfull and no change. Trans has had new filter and new dexron III fluid put in. Every Trans place says oh we'll have to rip it apart so may as well rebuild. 1 grand thanks, All gears physically work if you drive it at a fast pace or are on the open road, but my gf is trying to learn in this thing and the way it is she won't be able to use it for the test. at 60 it holds second gear if you lift off put back down or go to 70 (speeding) coax it in to drive and go to 60 it is fine sits in drive.

Please help

(PS 3spd auto no O/D)

Members dont see this ad