3Tc Block + 3T-Gteu Head

AE92_rolla

hey guys, I'm in the process of building a 3tgte,

I've got the 3tgte head, intake and exhaust components, now I'm just wondering is my 3tc block compatible with the head I have? or should I obtain a 3tgte block aswell? the build is going to be extensive eg, valves, pistons, rods etc.

any help is greatly appreciated cheers

Members dont see this ad

Would be good to start off with the 3tgte block as it comes with additional parts. There is a hole in the side of the block near the engine mount on the passenger side for an oil return. A knock sensor mounted on the block. It has a drive thing that blocks off the distributor hole in the block, since the distributor is driven on the intake cam in the head. The 3tgte head can bolt onto the 3tc block, but would need the 3tgte timing cover, dummy cam and timing components. The pistons have a smaller dome for lower compression.

If your putting a bit of effort into the build you might as well start off with a 2tg head since they flow better. There's some flow figures on toymods. The 3tgte head has the inlet ports close together as a pair, making the flow path more curved towards the valves.

yeah thats what I was thinking, but i already have the 3tc block? I figured it was relatively easy to make it work but i justed wanted to be safe before spending money on getting the block bored out.

I was initially looking at the 2tgeu head but all the ones I had seen were fairly expensive, and figured for the cost difference I could get a significant porting done on the 3tgte head through work. I got the 3tgte for next to nothing which is why i've decided to stick with it. also had a good chat to our engine builder today and hes done a couple of 3tgte motors in the past so I'm gonna try and persevere with it for the time being.

I mean later on if i feel the need to go to a 2tg head it'll be a reasonably easy affair as i already have the required components?

Thanks for your help bruce, greatly appreciated mate